Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Let’s get ready to rumble ! A/C wars ...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    72° and 85% humidity.

It’s sticky.

I tried to slide down the banister but I only went one foot.

If I put the air on she will come home and say “oh my God - you put the air on?”

And I’ll say “just to dry things out”...

She’ll go upstairs and change and come down in sweatpants and two sweatshirts and wooly socks.

Her strategy in the “air wars” is always hard passive aggressive.

Unless , today is a hot flash day...hmmm...

Menopause to the rescue !

imwjl, Nickadermis, Toto'sDad and 4 others like this.

2. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    At work , I had a row of employees about 6 women who worked side by side , in Kamloops it gets warm for about 2 weeks out of a year, 110-120 F , some one stole the fan that these 50+year old women had ( We called it menopause alley ) ,2 rules - dont go back there if you value your life......and Never , I mean never touch their fan , I almost had killing spree on my hands , it was good thing we were 2 block away from a Walmart and they opened early, the day was saved with out bloodshed,
    I kind of threw the fan in the middle of them then ran like hell .

Mouth, bftfender, bender66 and 4 others like this.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I remember that stuff.
    Distantly.
    Like Norn said, “Can’t live with em’, pass the beer nuts.”
    I’m kidding, actually.
    Thanks for the reminder, though.

Mouth likes this.

4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    She’s a good egg . We def have different internal thermostats though.

Since I began biking again in May I guessed I’ve dropped some weight.

When asked my goal though, I simply say “I’ll know I’ve reached it the next time I actually feel cold !”

Nickadermis and bender66 like this.

5. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    We have a rule. If you are uncomfortably warm then turn the air on or down. The spouse who is too cool can always put on a sweater. There are only so many articles of clothing the too warm person can remove before people just begin to leave the house.

RLee77, DrPepper, Nickadermis and 4 others like this.

6. LocoTex

LocoTex Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2018
    Waxahachie, TX.
    I live in Texas.....There is definitely NO argument about turning the A/C on.

studio1087, william tele and tery like this.

7. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Reverse psychology .
    Turn the heat up to about 103 and say "it sure is cold in here" .

WetBandit likes this.

8. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Oct 11, 2016

When she does that, secretly go and put the thermostat on emergency heat... and run that sucker up to about 90°

See what happens....

Or you could do what I did to my wife last week... she was being hateful and moody so I went and got a blanket and tied it around her neck without saying anything...

She asked "what are you doing" I replied "well before you were hateful...and now, you are SUPER Hateful..."

She will either laugh or you will die!

Gotta roll the dice and keep them on their toes.

studio1087 and Mike Eskimo like this.

9. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Oct 11, 2016
    Twisted minds think alike....LoL!!

tery likes this.

10. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Fun games we get to play with our SO's.

11. Johnson johnson

Johnson johnson Tele-Holic

Dec 30, 2016
    Memphis
    How can my wife be in 2 places at once???

Mike Eskimo and Nickadermis like this.

12. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    The last item in your discourse is of course the precursor to hell that allows men a first hand glimpse of what eternity could hold in store for them. That's why there are so many old guy converts, just angling for a better deal.

13. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    We could keep meat in our house most of the summer. Our house is very well insulated, with high ceilings and a tile roof. Even on a hundred degree plus days the house would be completely livable without turning on the A/C. My wife though her hot flashes are a thing of the distant past (thank you, thank you) still maintains a temperature that will allow her to wear long pants and a sweater in the house when it's a hundred and ten degrees outside. Since I never wear anything but tees and cargoes, I have become thick skinned enough to go tramping through the woods on the last day of December up at Obsessed place in Montana similarly attired. Thankfully, she switches over in the fall, (but not quite yet) and turns off the air, opens the doors and windows and lets the (fresh air?) (in Bakersfield?) flow through the house. The smell of burning rubber from the people sliding through the traffic signals, and crashing into each other about a mile from our house out on the cross town street is kind of refreshing.

william tele likes this.

14. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Meister

Sep 10, 2006
    College Station, Texas
    My wife (ex) and I were on the same page as far as a/c. Cool is good, and Houston is hot in the summer.
    I would usually be first home in the evening. The kids would regularly turn the a/c all the way down in the day and it would be freezing! Suitable for sides of beef.
    Big, old house equates to a big, big electricity bill. We considered selling the kids but couldn't find buyers.

Mark

15. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    No A/C needed here, but post menopause, Mrs. Obsessed still drinks an ice cold mocha with breakfast year around. With two wood stoves blaring in the middle of winter, she complains about her cold hands in the morning while holding and sipping her ice cold drink. I try not to say a thing.:cry:

Toto'sDad likes this.

16. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Years ago, I worked for a guy who was a former US Marine Captain. When he would hold a meeting, if any of the personal tried to inject input into the discussion his standard response was, I'm not calling for comment. I find that when my sweetie makes any remarks about her personal data, I do well to remember my old boss's I'm not calling for comment, comment, then immediately apply it to my wife's comments!

Obsessed likes this.

17. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 21, 2007
    My mom's basement.
    In our house it gets worse when she decides to turn the air off at night without fully considering the humidity or overnight low temp and can only be mad at self but I'm there in the same room.

18. kuvash

kuvash Tele-Afflicted

Feb 13, 2010
    Upper California
    Uhh,it doesn't all of a sudden get better,just sayin'

19. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Meister

Apr 12, 2011
    Stoney Creek, Ontario
    My wife and I both carry a lot of "insulation" on our bodies (if you know what I mean). So we both like the house nice and cool. However, there is one woman at work that complained to my boss that the office was too cold at 74 degrees. So he raised the T-stat a few degrees. My response to them both was to wear a sweater or picture me shirtless (trust me, not pretty)....the office is back at 74 and she's been wearing that sweater all summer!

20. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2014
    SLC, UT
    My Brother lived in an apartment where one of his roomates liked to mess with the thermostat. My brother, took it apart and put tape on the circuit board to isolate the pads on the tactile switches. After that, his apartment stayed a nice constant temperature.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.