Les Lius + Vox AC15

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ShortintheSleeve, May 20, 2019.

1. ShortintheSleeve

ShortintheSleeve TDPRI Member

Does anyone else run a Les Lius (with a Tele) into an AC15? I've recently acquired the LL, and although I like it, I can't seem to dial it in on any of the three settings to my complete satisfaction.

I suspect my difficulty has less to do with the pedal and more to do with how I set my amp. I play through the normal channel with the channel volume on the "M" in "Volume" and the master volume between 10:00 and 12:00 usually. In short, I run the amp on edge of breakup, which I think is better served by transparent or Klon-style ODs (i.e. my Tumnus) than amp-in-a-box pedals.

2. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

just got the LL yesterday from the last Lovepedal sale but I've been running the Tchula pretty hard for a couple of months, which seems to be in the same family. What the Tchula seems to be good at is making a Fender sound like a Marshall or making a Marshall sound like a really good Marshall. Not great with an AC15 family amp in my experience. (Super amazing great with an Origin 20c on the other hand.) Timmy or Amp 11 seem to work better on the Vox side -- better than the Klon to my ear, but not night and day.

ShortintheSleeve likes this.
  3. ShortintheSleeve

ShortintheSleeve TDPRI Member

The Tchula setting is the one of the three I've used the most. I also like the 5e3 with the second gain stage cranked pretty high too. I'm always thinking of pedals in terms of how I'll use them in the context of my band as primarily a rock rhythm player. Through my AC15 the Tchula setting gives a nice saturated but less defined OD tone. The Tumnus, on the other hand, will likely remain my most-used OD. It gives me a punchy, better defined OD sound that emphasizes some high-mids without sounding harsh.

4. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

In this situation...Timmy.
    I've tried a bunch of drive pedals with my AC-15 here are the ones that worked best for me...
    Hot Cake
    Timmy
    Rat
    Visual Sound Open Road
    Boss OD-3

I know it's a bit pricey, but the Hot Cake and the AC-15 are such a good match!

Last edited: May 21, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.