Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Lentz T vs. K-Line Truxton

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Tom Rawlinson, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Tom Rawlinson

Tom Rawlinson NEW MEMBER!

May 21, 2017
    New York, NY
    Hi Tele friends!

I am in the market for a boutique whiteguard-style Tele. I recently bought a K-Line Springfield and it is 100% a keeper. I have found a whiteguard Truxton for a reasonable price and I'm very tempted to buy it, as I'm very impressed by Chris Kroenline's work.

That said, I have spotted a whiteguard Lentz T that looks fabulous, but is around $1000 more than the Truxton and is at the top of my wallet's range.

Unfortunately, I can't find a Lentz locally to try it out. My question for all you Tele connoisseurs is whether the Lentz is likely to be a league above the K-Line in terms of quality. The things that matter to me most are fretwork, wood selection, and a thin, worn-in feeling neck finish. I know that K-Lines do very well on this score, but if the Lentz is something else entirely then I might be tempted to spring for it.

I would love to hear from anyone who has owned both K-Lines and Lentzs.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Howdy, and welcome.
    The Truxton is a great choice.
    I had one, and was mightily impressed!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Tom Rawlinson likes this.

3. Tom Rawlinson

Tom Rawlinson NEW MEMBER!

May 21, 2017
    New York, NY
    Thanks Bill! I know from my Springfield the Truxton will be a great guitar. I'm just curious as to whether the Lentz would be worth springing for, given how scarce they are.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.