Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Leaked Fender 2018 images

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Aaron1061, Jan 12, 2018.

1. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yes! A Cab with a tone control; what a concept. Strat bodied Tele is moistenin' me up some too.

RoyBGood likes this.

2. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Meister

Jun 2, 2015
    Arkansas
    My 2012 American Standard Telecaster has the electronics stamped "assembled in Mexico".

As an interesting side note, the reverb pan in my circa 1978 Carvin VTR2800 tube head says "Folded line reverberation device manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton Wisconsin under controlled atmospheric conditions."

3. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    LOL! That's great. Sad thing is last Fender guitars I saw claiming to be American just said 'Corona California' on them. No 'Made In'.

Back in the day BC Rich or Kramer used to do the Neptune, NJ - no Made In.

4. warrent

warrent Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 15, 2009
    toronto
    Everybody does it. the PRS S2 series uses Korean pickups and parts. But so what. The important thing is that guitars get made at prices people can afford. Making music and getting more people to play the guitar is the ultimate goal. I think that both Fender, Gibson and PRS do a good job of making quality instruments at all price points from entry level to pro and finally to elite dentist. There were always cheap imported guitars but now at least they're playable.

LowThudd and hellopike like this.

5. hellopike

hellopike Tele-Afflicted

Oct 3, 2015
    Philadelphia
    SonsOfMoog and televillian like this.

6. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    The backyard
    I agree wholeheartedly! If it ain't broke. Tele player forever.

LiteAsh and televillian like this.

7. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Meister

Jun 22, 2017
    NJ
    Put that top neck (and TVJones) onto the blue model...SOLD!

8. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    too conservative, borderline suburban

he lost the smell of the factory

El Tele Lobo likes this.

9. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Meister

Jun 2, 2015
    Arkansas

10. hellopike

hellopike Tele-Afflicted

Oct 3, 2015
    Philadelphia
    Removed my message because I am straying too far from the point.

xafinity likes this.

11. Smiff

Smiff Tele-Holic

Oct 1, 2017
    UK
    I recently put together the wiring for my Partscaster using all genuine Fender parts with the exception of the tone cap. The control plate was made in the US; the knobs, 3 way, pots, jack socket and jack cup (and pickguard screws for later) were all made in the East. I’ve thrown the packaging now, but I think they were all made in different Eastern countries too! Just the way the world works.

Edit: maybe the 3 way was made in Mexico actually, but the rest were Eastern.

12. Guitaryellow

Guitaryellow Tele-Meister

Dec 22, 2017
    Kent
    I'll have the blue one with a Tele headstock.

13. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    It's different than the Kramer deal where the bodies, necks, etc. were sourced from Japan. Fender had to start removing the "Made in USA" decals in 2016 due to California's product labeling laws. According to those laws for something to be labeled "Made in USA" it has to have 95% USA-sourced content - or 90% USA content if you can prove that there are no USA substitutes - based on the wholesale cost/value of the item. That includes the source of the raw wood, much of which comes from outside the USA. Fenders wind up being roughly 85% USA content depending upon the cost of the wood, plus the tuners, switches, pots, some plastic parts (including the molded plastic bobbins for some pickups) come from elsewhere.

It took a while for that to get worked out - the "Corona, California" or "Corona, CA" start showing up in late 2016 when the American Professionals came out. On American Elites they had the "Made in USA" if the neck was completed in 2015; for 2016 most of the necks just didn't say anything, then after the American Professionals came out they added the "Corona, California" decals. American Specials seemed to have the "Made in USA" on them for quite a while; they switched some time in 2017.

Was it a sticker on the back of the pickguard, or just markings on the switches, pots, etc. that come from Mexico?

14. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    These guitars will have three price points- MSRP which hardly anyone will pay, 15-20 points off MSRP which a few people will pay, and the end of year blowout when they don't sell.

15. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston

16. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland

17. rxtech

rxtech Tele-Meister

Nov 8, 2004
    central california
    I agree!!

Besquire likes this.

18. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    Using internet buzzwords like LEAKED pretty much much sets the level of interest. YAWN

BorderRadio likes this.

19. sonicsmitty

sonicsmitty Tele-Meister

Jan 2, 2012
    Clarksville, TN
    Why does it matter where it's built? I have a Korean made Gretsch that I can't tell where it was made whenever I play it. I don't know where my '52 Hot Rod Tele was made. I've never checked and I don't care either. If a guitar sounds and plays well, who cares? Just curious.

20. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2006
    ardmore, ok
    The Elite series is made in America.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.