Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Last piece of gear you've bought?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fendrguitplayr, Mar 7, 2011.

1. smokeygills

smokeygills Tele-Meister

Sep 16, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just picked up a Rainbow Machine with
    Expression pedal . Things are going to get interesting ...

2. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I have recently bought a Vox VT20x:

vt20x.jpg
    And I have also acquired a new Epiphone Les Paul Florentine Pro:

new front 2.JPG

I currently have a Vox VT100x on order from Sweetwater.

mabley123 and 24 track like this.

3. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc

Very Nice!

4. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    Eventide TimeFactor and ModFactor pedals; lots of ground covered in two extremely versatile pedals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mabley123 likes this.

5. Road King

Road King Tele-Holic

Apr 2, 2010
    Rockwall Texas
    Nobels ODR1 a King of Tone, a TC Flashback 4x, a Malekko Omnicron Phase, a Xotic SP compressor, a TC Corona Mini, a Boss TR2 with Allums mod, a CAE Wah, and a bunch of new velcro.
    Yep....the yearly pedal purge and resupply.

6. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Meister

Feb 16, 2016
    TX
    My PRRI Limited Edition blew up on me and when I returned it (still in the return window) I got a Blues Deluxe I lacquered tweed. Love it so far but still in the trial period. I was going to get a DRRI but it sounded so thin and I liked the lush sound of the BD so much better.

7. jmiles

jmiles Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2003
    ohio
    Dr. Z Surgical Steel Amp. Incredible! Totally different than other steel amps. Puts Peavey's in the dirt! EF86 pre. Dual KT88s for 94 watts. Ultra-linear transformers. Amazing!

8. JReazor

JReazor Tele-Holic

Jul 23, 2014
    Newark, DE
    I just ordered a Vox AC4TV Mini. MF had a STOD on it for $140. I'm curious to hear it at 1/10th of a watt.

[​IMG]

9. TwangToInfinity

TwangToInfinity Tele-Holic

May 2, 2013
    Twangville
    geez it has been awhile, i think the last things were a assortment of tele parts from bezdez and some gibson strings from FLA. gc when i was down there in feb.

10. Beaker

Beaker TDPRI Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Missouri
    12' Lava cable Clear-Connect. Best cord i've had so far.

11. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I finally bought a nice mic to record with a while back. An older AKG 2000B. Exceeds my expectations to record acoustic and female vocals. I'm now on the hunt for a specific older mic for amps and deep voices. Still a noobie in the recording realm, but learning a lot so far.

12. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    New speakers. Neodymium - fraction the weight, twice the power.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016

13. PaulieBoy

PaulieBoy Former Member

Mar 28, 2016
    gone
    My latest score was a $200 loaded tele blacktop HH body. I slapped-on a spare LaCabronita neck and was off to the races on the cheap. :)

tele.JPG

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    micpoc likes this.

14. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc

The Eventide H-9 Max has all 5 of these pedals in it and it sounds fantastic , Plus Midi, Bluetooth, and USB very cool toys!! and for the price of these two new is the same price

micpoc likes this.

15. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK
    GAS got to me. Bad GAS that became AAS. To ease the AAS, I've bought a 5 watter grab'n'go. Seemed a good deal, with 2x12AX7 in the pre-amp, gain/tone/volume controls and an EL84 output tube to a Celestion Tube 10 speaker.
    It has speaker outs, some form of FX loop and a standyby switch. What more could I ask for. It's an 'off-brand' Chinese unit called an 'E-Wave DG-5C'
    Youtube listenings of the head unit reveal a sound I could grow to like. To be delivered tomorrow, anticipation runs high.

16. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Yesterday, I picked up a mini crybaby and a 20' cable.
    And put down on a used G&L tribute.

17. Shanewilliams

Shanewilliams TDPRI Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Baltimore

18. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    True, and I did consider getting one… BUT, I got these two significantly cheaper than normal list, as they were "open box" versions with some very minor dings, but with full warranty, so I immediately got to use TWO effects at the same time (as opposed to the limited dual-effect algorithms on the H9). :)

Plus, 1) I like twiddling actual knobs; and 2) I can STILL get an H9 in the future. In fact, since I'm not particularly interested in pitch-based effects, what I'd likely do is get the H9 CORE version, and just get a handful of reverb effects, and maybe some others as time goes on. It does seem like they are not adding new algorithms as frequently as many hoped they would.

I also considered the Strymon line, but could not pass these up at the lower prices. I am sure there are stand-alone pedals that do some of these effects better, but that ends up taking a lot of pedalboard real estate, as well as costing more in the long run. I'll say this: there has never been a better time to be a pedal fan than now!

24 track likes this.

19. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I too would like the H9 core, if you have 1 H9 max and 4 cores you have 5 Max's all the max's algorithms are blue toothed to the cores (I have an H9 Max)

By the way, you scored on those Eventide pedals !!! congrats

micpoc likes this.

20. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    Thanks; I was quite pleased to find such good deals at AMS.

I'll say this: if I toured or did a LOT of live playing where I wanted minimum fuss, I'd definitely opt for the H9s. But for experimentation and programming on the fly, having knobs to tweak is way easier.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.