Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Last book you read / books you are reading.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by johnny k, Mar 16, 2018.

1. speedingjet

speedingjet Tele-Meister

Just started "East of Eden" this weekend. Wow. Can't put it down. I thought Grapes of Wrath and Winter of our discontent were good, but wow.

Before that, "Guadalcanal" and "Sea of Thunder" – was on a WWII Pacific theatre kick.

6l6-57 and P Thought like this.

2. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Last book: a re-read of Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle. I'm not sure how many times I've read it now, at least four. Current book is Hawaii, by James Michener. Always liked Michener.

JuneauMike, OneHenry and speedingjet like this.

3. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    Simple & Simple Le Carre', A compilation of Charles Bukowski's work Run With the Hound, Glue Irvine Welsh,

4. OneHenry

OneHenry Tele-Meister

Apr 16, 2018
    North carolina
    Just started reading "Killing the Rising Sun: How the United States Ended World War II"

I recently finished reading "Sink 'em All: Submarine Warfare in the Oacific"

These books are about an era when the US had built a truly top notch military and the country was able and willing to do what was necessary to win a war.

6l6-57 and LocoTex like this.

5. stratwilly

stratwilly Tele-Meister

Sep 1, 2016
    germany
    Vintage
    Author: Grégoire Hervier
    A thriller about a mysteriously Gibson vintage guitar ...

6. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I'm on my library's waiting list for this one. The only thing as good as a new Davenport book (or Flowers), is Bosch.

7. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Afflicted

Sep 11, 2016
    L.A.
    I'm reading a good one for the Bad Dog Cafe contingent:

"The Art of The Argument: Western Civilization's Last Stand" by Stefan Molyneux

8. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2011
    France
    I m starting Anton Lavey satanic bible, out of curiosity.

9. edchavez

edchavez Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2011
    Arkansas
    I recently read The Road..

Catawompus likes this.

10. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    The Five People You Meet in Heaven
    Lost City of the Monkey God

11. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2015
    Upper Midwest
    Onigamiising:Seasons of an Ojibwe Year by Linda LeGarde Grover.

For work I'm always reading books, articles, etc. about economics, economic policy, community economic development, business development, quantitative research methods, etc.

12. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Currently War as I Knew it. George C. Patton.

6l6-57 likes this.

13. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom.

14. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Holic

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    Walter Isaacson's "Einstein, His Life and Universe, the basis for Genius". I read it to and from Hawaii last month and a second time when I got home. The book is pretty readable if you're familiar with relativity but certainly obtuse if you're not. It described how Einstein developed his theories through thought experiments and how the math was developed later with the help of others. The book went deeply into Einstein's conundrum of insisting on a deterministic universe in the face of the developing probabilistic theories of quantum mechanics. The book is a great follow on for those who contributed to the "Was Einstein wrong?" thread a few months back.

15. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    I never thought i'd ever write this, but "twisted prey" was not too good. pretty much everything in it was predictable, and not very interesting. this makes 29 lucas davenport novels, I hope mr Sanford/camp isn't getting burned out.

16. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Last book: Outlaw Platoon...personal account of 10th Mountain Division in Afghanistan
    Current book: One Second After...fictional story of survival/struggle in the aftermath of an EMP that takes out the East Coast

17. Evil Funk

Evil Funk TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2017
    Montana
    ...just finished The Dark Tower series, and before that was Moby Dick. I'm now reading A Song of Ice and Fire series.

Johnson johnson likes this.

18. Sooper8

Sooper8 Tele-Holic

May 24, 2011
    UK- Midlands
    Just finishing the Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) book...I highly recommend it
    [​IMG]IMG_8657 by Sooper 8, on Flickr

19. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.

20. jaybones

jaybones Tele-Afflicted

Currently reading First They Killed My Father. Story of a girl who gets swept up in the chaos of Pol Pot's Khmer Rogue civil war in Cambodia in the 70's.

Its for a book club I'm involved in here, and I didn't think I'd like it but its pretty interesting.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.