Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Laney VA100

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Anode100, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    Hi All,

It's a long stretch, but I'm wondering if anyone has a schematic for the Laney VA100?

It's a British-made EL34-based head from the 1980's, with 4 x 12AX7s in the pre / phase stages.

My Brother has one on his bench with the following symptoms...

Nothing red-plates.

The EQ / gain sections 'work' in as much as they change the tone / character of the hiss through the cab - which also implies that the power section works.

Logically, he's checking the input sockets when he gets chance, but I was wondering if anyone had a schematic they wouldn't mind sharing.

I've searched the internet for schematics, but found nothing but very old threads full of people calling each other out....

Cheers!

2. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Do a youtube search for Brett Kingman.. he has the amp on a lot of his videos and may steer you in the right direction?

3. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    Thank you!

4. richiek65

Here ya go!

5. richiek65

Whoops..his is the vh100..not the va100..he still may be able to help though, he's pretty connected

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.