Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Laney LionHeart 5w Blue on MF

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by popthree, Nov 10, 2017.

1. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

huh, i just happened to notice while poking around on the musiciansfriend site that the laney lionheart that normally retails for almost 1000 is listed for 359 bucks. i ordered one. won't be available until 11.22.17. i'm guessing it is an error on their part.... i wonder if they'll sell it to me for that.

2. that is a great price, too good?

3. fidopunk

fidopunk Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 23, 2008
    Charleston, WV
    I think I might try buying this...
    Guitar Center's website is showing the same price, too.

4. popthree

i have wanted one for a while but couldn't get over the sticker shock

foundjoe likes this.

5. fidopunk

fidopunk Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 23, 2008
    Charleston, WV
    I placed the order and used a 20% off coupon. We'll see how it goes.

popthree likes this.

6. popthree

wow, even better. i tried the vetsday17 code but it did not work for me

7. popthree

well well, turns out i was able to use a code and get a 15% discount applied! i remembered i had an email from a few days ago with the code "gift" . i called them up and requested they apply that code to my order and bang. saved me 50 more bucks! apparently this price is for real.

8. North East Al

North East Al Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2011
    Hartlepool, UK
    Someone in gonna be shown the door for that error. £670 in UK.

9. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Just got one. The 'gift' coupon does work, takes 15% off. Great deal on a great amp.

popthree likes this.

10. t-luxe

t-luxe Tele-Afflicted

Nov 23, 2009
    so. cal
    I pre-ordered one as well. The coupon code Gift works at MF-$305 Free shipping.

popthree likes this.

11. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    Anyone selling them in the UK at anything like this price?

12. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

Even at full price this is a great amp. Had mine for a couple of years and really enjoyed my time with it. Sold it a few weeks ago. I've been GASing for a new Supro since they started making them and think i've finally settled on getting a Supreme in the new year.

popthree likes this.

13. markal

markal Tele-Meister

Mar 24, 2016
    Colorado
    Damn!!!! I just bought a used one in mint condition for $500 shipped and thought I got a deal. Grab it! It's a great amp.

14. I actually thought of you when I saw this thread.... I came so close to buying one yesterday at this price... but I need to reduce, not add to my collection.. it was even in my chart and I was just about to hit the buy button. Damn....

15. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Missoula, Montana
    yep, woke up this morning and thought to myself, did I buy an amp last night? turns out I did! can't say that I regret it, either, though I need another amp like the Mona Lisa needs another nostril.

16. markod

markod Tele-Meister

Feb 8, 2013
    Upstate NY
    What's the catch?

17. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Missoula, Montana
    the catch is that they're not in stock, and -- judging from past experience -- may never be. we shall see.

18. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    Brutal. They did that to me with a Special 6 I bought using a 20% coupon last year. 3.5 months later I cancelled the order. They handled it poorly enough that I pretty much quit shopping there altogether, aside from sales on strings.

19. mtjo62

mtjo62 Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2008
    StatesVegas, NC
    The MF website apparently has some bugs in it. I was looking at some Fenders and the "Also Viewed" section below the fold list Teles with wrong prices. I took this screenshot just before posting.

MF.png

20. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    I will point out that Laney switched production of the Lionheart line over to China (2 years ago?). The pictures on MF show 'made in UK' but the text at the bottom shows MIC. I bought a new LH20H about 2 years ago...and it was MIC.

Me? I don't care. Gladly play MIC stuff if it's well made. And these appear to be.

My salesman told me they are expecting more stock, getting them 'as fast as Laney can make them'. New in stock date is 11/22/17 MF, 12/19/17 GC as of this post.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.