Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

know the blackguard book is fantastic, but

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by gitarjoe, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Amen Brother! But remember those profs. that publish need to eat too. :rolleyes: To be fair its the publishers tha get most of the money.

2. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Tele-Afflicted

Jun 5, 2015
    Nashville

Yep, this is the best part of the book....from Leo's accounting totals to tiny little details about alloys and pin holes. Some folks want to study them for accuracy or vintage verification but some just like to nerd out for fun!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  3. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. mobstta

mobstta TDPRI Member

Jan 1, 2013
    rhode island
    Get one from him directly for $150.00. Money goes to a good cause read the site.

6. gitarjoe

gitarjoe Tele-Afflicted

Sep 28, 2003
    NY
    does he still have any? can he be reached through here?

7. Tremade

Tremade Tele-Holic

Jan 30, 2016
    Sthlm, Sweden
    gitarjoe likes this.
  8. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    NOw, if Nacho still has a few at $150, are you gonna pledge not to buy it for $150 and quickly turn a profit at $500???? chuckle......we all know how we are....high asking prices are exhorbitant unless we have one for sale ourself, right? eeeeeehaw...

Tremade likes this.
  9. GuitarRandy

GuitarRandy TDPRI Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Parker, Colorado
    Hey guys, Nacho does still have a few available. I ordered mine and it's on its way! :)
    Awesome guy to deal with, I can't wait to get my hands on the book!

10. skeeterbuck

skeeterbuck TDPRI Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I ordered my book this Tuesday the 18th. It scheduled to arrive today via UPS international. The cost directly from Nacho was 160 Euros (approx. $177.00).

11. BopT

BopT Tele-Afflicted

Feb 6, 2011
    Chicago
    It is truly a great book! I am lucky to have mine and I go over it all the time for reference or just to look at the pictures. When I was a kid I used to cut pictures of guitars out and save them especially out of Sears or Wards catalogs! This book is the other end of the rainbow!

12. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Meister

Jun 2, 2015
    Arkansas
    I paid $50 for the definitive illustrated history of the Ruger .22 automatic pistol, but that is the limit of my insanity.

bparnell57 likes this.
  13. moosie

moosie Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    The thing that may not be obvious to those who haven't spent time with the book... it's worth every penny of the $160, $175 or so. I mean in printing costs alone. Regardless of topic, this outshines most any other coffee-table style book, and at the same time the information packed within outdoes anything else published on the topic.

I can see just not wanting to spend so much on any book, or perhaps your Telecaster obsession isn't that ... obsessive... yet. Just realize the value is there. At the stock price (not the $500 ebay stuff) you're not paying for 'mojo', or collectibility.

It's just a damn fine book.

14. sleazy pot pie

sleazy pot pie Tele-Holic

May 31, 2014
    austin
    I ordered a copy yesterday. Waiting to hear back to confirm my order. It took a few days to hear back when i initially emailed him to inquire about ordering it so i am not too concerned yet. Cant wait to check it out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.