Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Kirn Tele Template on reverb

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Jules78, May 7, 2017.

1. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hey Kid . . welcome to the party and here's hoping the info above gets ya knee deep in sawdust soon...

rk

Kid Bitchin likes this.

2. Kid Bitchin

Kid Bitchin TDPRI Member

May 18, 2017
    Washington
    Much Thanks Ron, Havnt Got A Chance To Check The Links Out Yet Are They Your Templates?

Newbcaster likes this.

3. Kid Bitchin

Kid Bitchin TDPRI Member

May 18, 2017
    Washington
    It Seems I Don't Have A Problem With Making The Sawdust Its As You Mentioned Ron, About All Those Damn Scientific Facts Now There Are. I Have Also Recently Learned That Light Wood Isn't Necessary "Bad Wood". Is There Such Thing In Your Mind As "Bad Wood"?

4. paparoof

paparoof Tele-Meister

Dec 22, 2013
    minneapolis
    If anyone's got a standard P-bass template, I've got an address and $ for shipping....

5. Ronkirn

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Just check out the many build threads... no one person has the "best" method... we all just pursue what works for us individually.... by exploring other's techniques, you will be in a better position to develop your own style... just like the "other end" . . . making music...

Ron

mudimba likes this.

6. moosie

moosie Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Cool. Thanks, Ron.

7. Doublearon77

Doublearon77 TDPRI Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Kansas
    Thanks for sharing Ron!

8. Ronkirn

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Remember.. even at the most basic... this is an art... and as with any artistic endeavor, your personal input is what makes yours different from the next.... no one "owns" the best method....

Just like any art student, ya learn basics, and at some point you "leave the nest" and try your wings.

there are quite a few well known boutique builders that began right here... asking questions... being innovative, and evolving as a craftsman... now, it's their name on the headstock, and a lot of ya would die to own one of theirs...

So stay with it, don't take short cuts... inventory your fingers before and after a procedure.... and be fuc*in' careful . . specially if you are a novice in the wood shop...

rk

Oh.. and be careful... and while not being careful.. be careful...

TeleTex82 likes this.

9. screefer

screefer TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2016
    kildonan
    Wise words from RK. Pay heed, all.. I made a template and then a pickguard from that template for my Jazzmaster project. This was my first attempt and I thought I had it figured out but then read Ron's post on pickguards and learned a few gems that helped out major and saved a lot of grief. Thanking you , Ron.....:)

10. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    ron, I'm not a builder, more an assembler, but your threads have educated me more than I can say, so my standards have risen as a consumer and player, and I'm sure others here would say the same

your influence is probably wider than you imagine!

thanks

Doublearon77 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.