Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

"Kingtinued"?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Tim Bowen, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Tim Bowen

Tim Bowen Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Atlanta/Rome, Georgia, US
    Last night while I was nodding off on the couch, waiting for the latest word on "shock and awe", I was treated to Elvis P.'s version of "Achy Breaky Heart" (sp?). But wait... the math doesn't quite work out, I thought Elvis had left the building... Okay, so at this point I'm awake, and I hear "The King" belt out several other contemporary Cheese Anthems. It's yet another impersonator of course, and just another marketing scheme aimed at the mindless sheep among us - but in 42 years of dodging cheesiness and ignoring infomercials, this thing took the cake. No wonder some folks call us "infidel", gee whiz... I don't usually make "non-gear" posts, but...anybody seen this thing?

2. Broadslab

Broadslab TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Carolina
    Yeah, I saw that one ,or something similar to it a month or two ago.I did a double take also . They make you search for the fine print.

3. Pedalworld

Pedalworld Banned

Mar 25, 2003

4. Tim Bowen

Mar 17, 2003
    Well thanks for confirming that I'm not nuts!

Actually, that might require a bit more effort... But like I said, I was dozing at the time and had pretty much since decided that I'd dreamed the whole thing... Nobody I've asked has seen it, and I haven't seen it since...

Yeah, I'd also like to hear "Babe" by Styx, maybe the "Pina Colada Song" by Rupert Holmes...

No disrespect to THE KING. I'm a fan. But nothing's sacred. Campy stuff man.

5. Tim Bowen

Mar 17, 2003
    Long live mass marketing. Thanks for the link, Chris!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.