King of tone?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by jomazq, Feb 6, 2019.

1. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    How well would it sell if it were readily available competing with dozens of other options at Sweetwater or Guitar Center?

IMO - the hype is inflated because of the waiting list. I'm not saying it isn't great, I haven't tried one. I'm just saying it's clever marketing that keeps people talking about it. People always want what they can't get.

2. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    that is a interesting look at our expectation based on brand and reputation.
    so, all the listed stomp boxes have similar electronics?
    :eek: oh no I'm paying for hype?:cry:
    William Burroughs said the name of the game is
    "ALWAYS MAK'UM WAIT AND NEVER HAVE ENOUGH!":twisted:

3. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Holic

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    I find the whole pedal-thing a bit blown out of proportion.....there are quality pedals around with a higher pricelevel, but worth the money.
    I LOVE my Strymon pedals or my OCD or my T-Rex Gull Wah......BUT: if somebody tells me to wait at least 2 years before my El Capistan arrives, I'll happily go back to my T-Rex Reptile, maybe even my TC Nova Delay or look for a nice Catalinbread Echorec or something else.
    Same with overdrives: I could easily swap my OCD for my TC Dark Matter or my T-Rex Alberta or my Tech21 Blonde, maybe even for my cheap Harley Benton AC Tone.
    Do they sound the same?
    No.
    Will I get a satisfying sound out of them which matches my playing style and my ideas for a livesound?
    Of course.
    My main guitar, amp and pedals are important to me - but I'm in no way lost or even in trouble, if I have to play something else from my stock....

kevsonic likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.