Kesey/Berkeley/Buchla/Ciani/Mod Synth/LSD : A lot To Unpack Here

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, May 24, 2019.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Long and short of it : unbelievably valuable (especially now) vintage Buchla modular synth that had been sitting in a closet for 40+ years at Berkeley was dragged out and was getting repaired . Repair tech gets dosed.

At the very least , this story puts into context Kesey’s hilarious response to a reporter’s question outside the Prankster’s bus...:lol:

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...0-synthesizer-repair-lsd-accidental-trip/amp/

https://reverb.com/news/old-potent-lsd-found-on-a-vintage-buchla-red-module

micpoc, elihu and StrangerNY like this.
  2. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

My wife sent me that link yesterday. Crazy story! I had heard about the alleged Buchla/acid story years ago, it's pretty funny that after all these years it's been proven true.

- D

3. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Holic

I'm rather glad there was none of that crap on the synths at the electronic music studio when I was studying back in in 1979- 81. The prof in charge was a bit of a neatness freak who had created plastic covers for everything. Sometimes it was easier to just leave the covers on things like the console and stick your hands under them to work. That's me on the left in 1980 with my head gourd-ized by the wide-angle lens. The prof, whom I loved, Dr. Ken Jacobs (RIP), is on the right with Synclavier II serial no. 00001 behind his right hip. You can barely see an ARP 2600 and EML101 to his left as well as the EML Polybox keyboard. I'm leaning on an MCI two track and he's leaning on an Ampex 440 four track. To this day I can't stand to deal with anything but a surgically clean tape deck. :D

[​IMG]

Bob

4. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's

It's SUCH a bizarre story; unfortunately, though I am no chemist, it SEEMS hard to believe.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.