Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Keeley wah instructions

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Okieactor, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Okieactor

Okieactor Tele-Holic

I can't find instructions for how to do the keeley wah mod(s) on his page.

Does anyone have instructions on the mello wah mod, including true bypass, led, and volume pot instructions?

I'm open to other mods as well if they have true bypass and an led. Let me know what you've done and whether you liked the results.

Thanks for any replies.

2. guitarzan13

guitarzan13 Friend of Leo's

Why would Keeley give you instructions to do his mods?? He does list his mods on the order form.

3. Okieactor

Okieactor Tele-Holic

The thing with the keeley page used to be that he posted diagrams or schematics of his mods. He still charged to do the mods, but it wasn't a secret what exactly he was doing.

Also I thought maybe, if there were not instructions available via Google, maybe someone on this site might have instructions for how to do the keeley mod (or similar) to a standard GCB-95.

That's kind of the type of thing this forum has been good for in the past.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. limbe

limbe Tele-Afflicted

6. Okieactor

Okieactor Tele-Holic

I've seen them. Haven't heard one in person. Are they good?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  7. halfmassive

halfmassive Tele-Meister

If your have the time check out rg keen's wah tech article and you can mod your circuit to do pretty much whatever you like. http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/wahpedl/wahped.htm.

Using this article plus a vero layout I found I built a modded colorsound wah and also added a few external pots to my area 51 wah. Once you know what each component does you can tune the wah all sorts of ways.

8. Armo

Armo Tele-Meister

I am in the middle of modding mine. I have followed the mods this guy has done and am loving it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzGdQnJxUrM

Another good resourse is Castledine
    http://www.wah-wah.co.uk/

Am waiting on a Fasel and am going to install two on/on/on switches to give me more options on Q and sweep but haven't got that far yet. So far though sounds great. Very happy with this guy's mods.

9. Armo

Armo Tele-Meister

Mad beans do a weener wah which is based on the Clyde McCoy. Their documentation may help.
    http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/WeenerWah/WeenerWah.pdf
    Mods sound like true bypass, choice of red or yellow Fasel inductors, choice of sweep caps, vol control and LED.
    I found the red Fasel a quite lot cleaner than the standard and the sweep variations much more effective than the Q choices which were more subtle.

10. Okieactor

Okieactor Tele-Holic

Have not yet done the true bypass or the led, but the stinkfoot tone mods sound awesome!

I may crank the gears back closer to the factory settings, but I'd rank it as pretty damn awesome.

And I'd assume once I do the true bypass it will only sound better...when off!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.