Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Keeley Owners Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by telefunken, Feb 28, 2013.

1. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    I currently own
    1. Keeley TS-9
    2. Keeley DS-1
    3. Keeley TR-2
    4. Keeley MT-2
    5. Keeley AD-9
    6. Keeley Sparkle Drive
    7. Keeley Java Boost
    8. Keeley Katana Boost
    9. Keeley 2 knob Comp
    10.Keeley Fuzz Head
    11.Keeley BD-2

I the "Official" Keeley FanBoy :oops:

p.s. I also own a set of Keeley "Modern" Strat pickups

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

2. andrewsadlon

andrewsadlon Tele-Meister

Jun 17, 2012
    DeLand, Florida
    I have a Keeley BD-2

"It's ironic- I used to play in my bedroom pretending I'm onstage; now I play onstage and pretend I'm in my bedroom."

3. tekbow

tekbow Tele-Afflicted

Nov 24, 2012
    UK
    Keeley TS 808 right here. one of the "vintage 82 JRC" ones...

4. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Keeley GCB 95 Wah
    Keeley TS-9 Deluxe (Incl 808, Mod Plus and Baked)
    Keeley Java Boost
    Keeley Fuzz Head
    Keeley BD-2 Phat Mod

Had

Keeley 2 knob Comp (Moved On- still can't work out what compressors are for)
    Keeley MT-2 - meh

5. Mr_Mer

Mr_Mer Tele-Holic

Mar 16, 2010
    Massachusetts
    4-knob compressor

6. telefunken

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    Don't feel bad I've had mine for years and as much as I try to figure it out I can't. I haven't sold it because one day I MIGHT figure it out. When the subject of compressors come up on this forum I pretend I know what I'm talking about. :D

p.s. I just ordered the new "Red Dirt" distortion pedal Monday. :D:D:D

Cliffyg62 likes this.

7. JDC

JDC Tele-Holic

May 9, 2003
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Keeley 2 knob compressoer
    Keeley modded RAT
    Keeley modded TS-9

8. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

:lol:

Look fwd to your review of the Red Dirt ........ Another TS derivative, I guess.

9. RootNoteDave

RootNoteDave TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2013
    North Carolina
    Keeley 2 Knob Compressor
    Keeley TS-9
    Keeley Katana Boost

The Katana Boost was my latest purchase. Rather unique pedal IMO. Mostly advertised as a clean boost, but you can certainly get some OD tones from it. I mostly use it as a lead boost and to add a little color to solos. I'd been interested in knowing how you guys use it? At one time I was considering the Java Boost but after speaking to the guys at Keeley they steered by towards the Katana. Any reviews on the Java would be great. Regarding the staff at Keeley, super friendly to do business with.

10. telefunken

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood

My Java Boost Demo

I use the Katana Boost at the end of the chain as a clean boost, with the knob pulled out I can use it as a OD with little to no coloration. The best way to use the Java Boost is into an already distorted amp or into a distortion pedal. Whatever you do DO NOT use it into a clean amp. It's an awesome pedal if you learn how to use it.

11. RootNoteDave

RootNoteDave TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2013
    North Carolina
    Well, that shows how to use it. Thanks so much for the demo. Ironically enough, I play through a Dr. Z also.

12. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston
    4 Knob Compressor - still figuring out how to get the most out of it, but love it so far.

13. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2010
    In transit
    Getting my Rat modded by Keeley's shop was the first step down this long, treacherous road of pedal buying and flipping. Before that, I was perfectly content to gig with a Rat, a delay pedal and sometimes a compressor. Oh, the innocence of youth...

14. telefunken

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    Recently added a Keeley SD-1 and a Keeley Red Dirt. Bringing my total number of Keeley pedals to 13:eek:

15. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

Jan 29, 2010
    Marietta,GA
    I have a couple of Keeley boss pedals which are great, I bought a Luna overdrive that doesn't sound as good as the modded Boss pedals.

16. telefunken

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    Yeah I agree. I'm glad I waited for the Red Dirt instead of jumping the gun and getting the Luna Drive. Keeley is currently building a new Luna II that's suppose to remedy some of the first Luna's shortcomings. I may buy that one.

17. snottyboy

snottyboy Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2010
    SCS, MI
    I've got a few Keeleys. The one that really grabs me is the Fuzz Head...great OD as well as fuzz. Spend some time tweaking it, and it's pretty spectacular. Does not color your tone...very clear in character. Internal controls and socketed capacitor with 3 caps included...pretty cool. Stacks well and sits anywhere in your chain..even better. Oh, and no need for battery with this fuzz.

Compressor is top notch, too...very quiet for a comp.

Java Boost is a nice TB, especially with the tone control....foolishly parted with mine.

18. Otis Funkmeyer

Otis Funkmeyer Tele-Holic

Jun 24, 2012
    Garfield NJ
    How do you change the caps in the Fuzz Head? I have one but I've never done anything like that before. Is it as simple as pulling it out and sticking a different one in?

19. snottyboy

snottyboy Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2010
    SCS, MI
    Yep, they installed a socket so it's pull, plug, play. They included 3 different caps with the pedal. Check the website and the manual for the pedal...they discuss the different caps so you can buy them if you don't have them. Also, if you've never had the back off your pedal, it's time to investigate...2 internal trimmers in there for gain and tone. Follow up here after you've played with it...curious to know your experience.

20. fuzzbox

fuzzbox Tele-Meister

Apr 2, 2009
    Atlanta
    I have a 2 knob comp and a fuzz head. Love the comp but haven't been able to bond with the the fuzz head after numerous attempts. I've tried changing caps and endless tweaking to no avail. Is too fizzy with my Fender guitar/amp set up.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.