Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Just Purchased Fender AVRI '58!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Striker6, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Striker6

Striker6 TDPRI Member

Nov 25, 2015
    New Jersey
    After drooling over the American Vintage '58 in aged white blonde for about a year, I stumbled upon a 'B' stock one on Reverb that claims to be 6 lbs. I had the seller verify the weight since all the examples I've seen online and in stores were heavier. Anyway, I pulled the trigger!

Of course, I have some anxiety as this will be the first time I purchased a guitar online/sight unseen. Any advise or concerns from the TDPRI gallery I should consider about online guitar buying?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017

2. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Very impressive, congrats!

The '58s are some sweet guitars.

Striker6 likes this.

3. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Friend of Leo's

Jun 16, 2009
    austin texas
    Those are great Teles...the sunburst one in my profile pic is a 58 reissue and I love it.Congratulations on yours!!

Striker6 likes this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. t guitar floyd

t guitar floyd Tele-Meister

Feb 4, 2016
    sw US
    Yes indeed! That's beautiful and, at 6 pounds I think you'll have a hard time putting it down! :) :cool:

Striker6 likes this.

6. mimmo

mimmo Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    Congrats on a great guitar: the so called pure vintage line is simply amazing ;-)

Striker6 likes this.

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Hope it is a great one!

Have they told you why it was considered "B Stock"?

Striker6 likes this.

8. Striker6

Striker6 TDPRI Member

Nov 25, 2015
    New Jersey
    There is a minor flaw in the finish near the top left of control plate. I couldn't find it in any of the he pics tho.

boris bubbanov likes this.

9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Very cool, enjoy it!

Striker6 likes this.

10. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    I wonder - if dealers have a piece for a long time, maybe they can get special permission to sell it below MAP as a demo or b-stock?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Striker6 likes this.

11. Amby

Amby Tele-Holic

Lovely guitar - enjoy it.

Striker6 likes this.

12. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky

13. jimash

jimash Tele-Afflicted

Nov 5, 2013
    NJ
    That's very pretty and looks well put together. Nice case too !
    Have fun with that.

Striker6 likes this.

14. CJM3309

CJM3309 Tele-Meister

Mar 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I bought my lake placid blue 64 from Chicago Music Exchange and it was listed as used. It was actually just a floor model so it had all the warranty and goodies with it but at a discounted price due to being "used".

At one point Sweetwater had the 72 AVRI teles with the 2 wide range humbuckers listed for $999. It said because finish flaws. I picked one up and it was basically perfect. I couldn't find anything wrong. Maybe with that thin finish they can discount it for a few nicks or scratches.

However it works that Pure Vintage/AVRI line is excellent. Congrats and enjoy the 58!

Striker6 likes this.

15. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    Congrats.

Striker6 likes this.

16. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    Congratulations. That is "basically" my dream guitar.

Striker6 likes this.

17. Striker6

Striker6 TDPRI Member

Nov 25, 2015
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I should receive the guitar this upcoming Monday or Tuesday. I'm excited for sure. It's going to my local tele guru/tech for evaluation straight away!

18. dinomike77

dinomike77 Tele-Meister

Aug 27, 2004
    I've had mine since 2012, same model, same color. The only thing I didn't get along with out of the box was the smooth steel saddles. Traded them out for threaded and It been the most perfect electric guitar I've had the pleasure of playing, let alone owning. The only other drawback is how easily it gets dinged up. Those first few chips hurt, but after a few years, it all just becomes part of the guitar's history.

Striker6 likes this.

19. Tidepoolbay

Tidepoolbay Friend of Leo's

Jan 27, 2009
    Franklin New Jersey

20. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

I've been itching for one of these for a few months and I'm pretty sure I can keep and play it just as it comes from Fender. No mods period. I was thinking of ordering one thru the local GC but I have a '52 reissue that I acquired in a mandolin swap years age that I never play and would like to maybe do a trade. It's a 90 something; anybody have a clue as to what they might offer? It has one dime size chip out of the finish on the bottom of the lower bout. I know their offer will be light but am wondering how bad.

I'll likely list it on the CL for a good price just to move it faster.

Striker6 likes this.

21. Striker6

Striker6 TDPRI Member

Nov 25, 2015
    New Jersey
    Yeah... I'm curious about the saddles. I've heard about some string slipping issues but, honestly, there seems to be a number of good aftermarket alternatives if that is a problem. I have Glendale intone saddles on another tele and those are quite nice.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.