Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Just ordered CV Squire tele in butterscotch

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by teleplayer99, Mar 8, 2018.

1. teleplayer99

teleplayer99 Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2008
    birmingham, al
    I ordered a setup with the guitar. Are there any issues with these models? I will be playing in open tunings and play back and forth in E and G. I played one at Guitar center and think the sound is great for the money.

2. NJ Deadhead

NJ Deadhead Tele-Meister

Jan 25, 2017
    Greenville, SC
    No issues with mine, love the guitar...you will too!

3. teleplayer99

Apr 13, 2008
    birmingham, al
    That's good to hear. I am hoping for a good one. They get 5 star reviews.

4. teleplayer99

Apr 13, 2008
    birmingham, al
    I canceled my order after finding a demo at MF. Scratches don't bother me.

Piggy Stu and Xtyfighterx like this.
  5. Xtyfighterx

Xtyfighterx Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2018
    North idaho
    I have 3 and it’s all I play anymore

6. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Meister

Dec 10, 2016
    Tip of the Mitt
    CV's are killer, be prepared to make great music for little money.

7. teleplayer99

Apr 13, 2008
    birmingham, al
    I'm just hoping to get a good one. The one they had at GC was pretty nice, but this is $100 cheaper. No issue with this Squire? Anything I can expect to have to do. Its supposed to be like new except for playing scratches. Everyone seems positive about these guitars except for the uoiput jack and some switches. Have only heard good reviews on the fretwork. The sound is for sure good.

8. JSMac

JSMac TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Colorado
    My CV Butterscotch gets 5 stars. I bought it used and there have been no issues at all. Nice fit and finish, great neck and it sounds wonderful.

I have a CV50's Strat too. The selector switch got wonky so I replaced that and the pots. May need to do that on the Tele someday.

9. Xtyfighterx

Xtyfighterx Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2018
    North idaho
    That’s the only thing with my CV tele is the selector switch isn’t the best I’ll be replacing it here soon. Both my CV strats are awesome tho not a thing I’d change unless it broke.

10. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's

Jun 30, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    I've owned 2 CV Teles..A Custom and a Thinline..Both were much better than the price would indicate..

11. Xtyfighterx

Xtyfighterx Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2018
    North idaho
    Here’s my FSR CV tele. I love it super twangy and beautiful. It came with brass saddles from the first owner so unsure how the steel ones sounded.
    2EB8767E-95EA-4F15-A213-E262AE7CE460.jpeg

B058A128-EFFC-464E-A1FE-36F4799BA5D0.jpeg

Attached Files:

zippofan, Bruxist, Piggy Stu and 3 others like this.
  12. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Even though the CV telecasters get a lot of thumbs up around here, I don't see them as better than the '72 Vintage Modified models, which I like better...

Qualitywise they are great, though... you can't go wrong with them.

PS Got me 2 CV BSB's, 1 CV VB, 1 CVC Sunburst, 1 CVC white FSR, so I must like them more than I thought when typing this reply... :D

mimmo likes this.
  13. teleplayer99

Apr 13, 2008
    birmingham, al
    Thanks for the great feedback. Is it hard to put in a selector switch? How are the tuners?

14. Xtyfighterx

Xtyfighterx Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2018
    North idaho
    Love my tuners never slipped and easy to string up no pointy sting ends to snag on anything. You can get a full wiring harnass with pots switch and Input, pretty easy to install I’d say

15. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Apr 15, 2016
    Australia
    In Australia the bang for buck on CVs has gone right out the window. They're within $100 of standard MIMs in both new and used markets. The VM market is creeping up too, depending on the guitar. This price creep of CVs seems typical of Aus retail which has a blatant disregard for the consumer. They're still great guitars, but there's very few bargains to be had now. You guys are lucky. Your Baja price is what we pay for a MIM standard.

Kebmel likes this.
  16. Xtyfighterx

Xtyfighterx Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2018
    North idaho
    They defianlty have gone up I was lucky enough to pick up my first one last year for $100 it’s an 08 candy apple red strat I wouldn’t sell it for a $1000 honestly.

17. teleplayer99

Apr 13, 2008
    birmingham, al
    More and more good news. I can leave the USA Professional in standard to play other songs. I found out a few years ago how great teles are and haven't looked back. I am hoping this Squire will not be too heavy.

18. Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2006
    Singapore
    The CV I have is quite heavy, almost surprisingly so since I used to own an ash-body tele and felt that was too heavy for me. This one is still okay considering I sold two LPs due to weight issues.

On the other hand, the only other issue I found with my CV is that it needed a fret dress. Took a bit off the top and recrowned the affected areas and all good to go!

19. 69Telecraigster

69Telecraigster TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Apr 26, 2016
    Connecticut, USA
    Have had my BSB CV for 18 months and love it. The input jack has been the only fussy bit. Tuners are great. Knobs are great. No issues with the selector switch on mine. Heavy? Yes, but I don't mind. Sounds great.

20. Xtyfighterx

Xtyfighterx Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2018
    North idaho
    My cv tele feels pretty light to.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.