Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Just need a clean amp, how hard can it be?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by omlove, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    I'm a bit confused by this comment as all the Blues Cube amps have 4 power settings, all the way down to .5 watt

2. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Holic

Dec 30, 2012
    Bucharest
    Ibanez TSA15? or the 5W little bro?

Attached Files:

3. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sep 24, 2004
    Endicott, NY
    Are you sure the "rattle" you're hearing is a product of the amp?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but playing an electric guitar is not the same as playing an acoustic.
    Electric takes a much lighter touch with a different attack and feel.

The fact that you can't get a good clean tone out of a Princeton Reverb at apartment levels is just confusing to me.
    I own a Deluxe Reverb, a 5E3, and a Vox AC15 and at lower volumes I can get beautiful clean tones from all of them.
    And I've owned a Princeton Reverb. Those amps have absolutely gorgeous clean tones.

Now, if you're turning things up loud, cranking the bass, and hitting those strings hard, yeah, you're going to hear breakup and farting out.

But if you want clean, apartment-level tone, a Princeton Reverb would be at the top of my recommendation list.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    viccortes285 likes this.

4. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    My 2 cents-many of these new amps have the cheapest hardware and cabinets imaginable. I have a Super Champ x2 and had a finger grooved pine cabinet made for it, drilled out and threaded new chassis mounting screws and there are zero rattles in my amp. I also had the cab made for a 12" speaker (Eminence Legend). I bought the amp new for $399, the cab cost me $175 and the speaker $60. $634 and on the clean channel it will give a RI Princeton a run for it. Just about all the new amps have crappy particle board/MDF cabs. One of the reasons they can do these things cheap.

viccortes285 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.