Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups

Just got the bad news.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WetBandit, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Meister

Aug 12, 2016
    I'm sorry for your loss. I wish you peace and serenity. Its never easy.

2. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    I’m sorry to hear that. Losing good friends is very tough.

I had one of my very best friends die many years ago. I’d had him up on a fishing trip just a bit before. He got pancreatic cancer, and lived only 3 weeks. I was devastated, but his wife was so beside herself with the ordeal, and trying to keep his closest friends from showing up with the knowledge that his time was short, that she didn’t call.

I was hurt, not that she hadn’t called, but because he was gone. It’s hard to stay in touch with everybody when things are falling apart. I hope you can take comfort, even a bit, in the good times you had with your friend.

3. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    I was about to tell this dude he was out of line until I seen he was 14 and new.

Sorry about your friend. Man, finding out like that must have been terrible.

I can only assume everyone had to have thought you already knew. It would seem like the only logical explanation.

Think about it like this if the co-worker were his good friend like you were. And you were the co-worker and knew of his passing wouldn't you just assume that his good friend already did?
    WetBandit likes this.

4. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Hey @WetBandit, I didn’t mention it in my earlier post but I’m sorry for your loss. It’s hard on everyone and particularly when you’re holding out hoping for good news. Hopefully it won’t be long before you can recall good times with your friend and he’ll live on. It might sound corny but it does happen.
    WetBandit likes this.

5. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2017
    I am the most senior person in my office and know a lot of things confidential, such that people think I know everything already and I don't get told these things quite often. I understand why I don't get told

Thing is when my gf's grandmother died she had been in hospital for 3 days and no one told her. I disagree with that. We live 1h drive from the hospital

Some people like to control and monopolise these things. My aunt did the same with my uncle's funeral last year, directing there would be no wake on the day of the cremation

About 100 people turned up and left without any gathering, as she daid it should be done another day

Of course, it never did. People still not speaking to others because of this

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.