Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

just a heads up for your own good

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chemobrain, May 15, 2017.

1. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2008
    Timonium,Maryland
    Guarantee you there always be some hot chick walking around with a guy with about 14 of these
    "violations" all at once.This is just what THOSE women chose.Get a different set of women and you'll
    have something else.Oh ,she was annoying as hell.The painful part was listening to her voice.

Boubou and chemobrain like this.

2. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    She's cute. She talks, too? I musta missed it.

brbadg likes this.

3. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    Men all over creation, from the darkest fabric of antiquity have endeavored to win the labyrinthian fashion-approval of potential mates.

It is a strategy that oftentimes proves successful, much to their horror and regret.

To think, they were just one Bass Pro Shop t-shirt away from meeting the woman who wouldn't mind if they went fishing. Now they have to open the fridge and see coconut water.

straightface, fortj3, Slim and 7 others like this.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Sometimes your posts require deep study to be able to understand even a little of them. Then, like a thunderclap, one of your post sounds with such clarity there can be no mistaking your meaning. 1955 I salute you!

[​IMG]

Nickadermis, 1955, chemobrain and 2 others like this.

5. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    I was "dating" a really nice woman, somewhere back in the foggy edges of my memories, She was sweet, smart, had a job, liked to cook, and did so very well, owned a car that was paid for, resembled all the charming attributes of Rita Hayworth, but she mistakenly saw me as a fixer-upper rather than a penthouse apartment with lovely appointments a great view and air conditioning.
    I realized that what she really wanted deep down was a yo-yo and a sock puppet which (I almost purchased these items and gave them to her.)
    That's my impression of the of the wee lassie with twenty-one things in the advice column that I posted. and so it goes

william tele and brbadg like this.

6. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Most of us guys are knuckle dragging, uni-browed mouth breathers.

l

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    chemobrain and brbadg like this.

7. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    If your a grown ass man, you don't need anyone to tell you that your shorts that are below your knees looks ridiculous.

fortj3 likes this.

8. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Holic

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    The guy version of this video is, "wear yoga pants and a revealing blouse, we won't notice anything else" - too short & sweet to go viral. Would be panned by everyone as shallow and demeaning if done by a man.

Had a longer post, decided to keep any controversial comments about female (and exes) behavior to myself.

shinigami747, straightface and fortj3 like this.

9. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Now THIS was a man who knew how to dress to impress! ;)
    19i741.jpg

graphics-music-209883.gif

Nickadermis and Toto'sDad like this.

10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    fortj3 likes this.

11. ce24

ce24 Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2008
    Idahoastan
    She's probably right for the singles scene of the 18_25 demographic looking for love. How silly we were at that age...

Cheers.

chemobrain likes this.

12. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    Piercings, no, on your head or neck, doomed to look stupid forever.
    Grown men wearing cartoon characters on your tee shirts, absurd.
    Drowning in cheap cologne, you should just know better.
    If your a grown man and you wear your ball cap backwards, take a look at yourself.
    If you have an Amish beard and your not Amish, you look weird.
    This is not meant to attract women, just to keep you from embarrassing yourself.

Boubou, william tele and fortj3 like this.

13. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 21, 2006
    Vienna, Austria
    She's 100% spot-on on all 21 Points, couldn't find anything to disagree with (though #5 is too lenient - grown adult males should not only avoid shorts going below the knee - they should avoid shorts alltogether, unless they are at the beach, at the gym, or playing some kind of sport that requires them).

schnulli, 8barlouie, Felino and 2 others like this.

14. fortj3

fortj3 Tele-Meister

Feb 5, 2017
    Georgia
    If you wear Crocs, you should be shot on sight.
    Or, at least, turn in your man card.
    Crocs not only are girly, they're not even shoes.
    They're friggin' slippers like Elton John or Liberace would wear.
    And skinny jeans? Good God! May as well just scream "I'M A SISSY!"

If you noticed, she was telling us that men should dress like men, not like girly-men or like wannabee hood rats.

I do like some tee shirts with logos on them.
    Nothing gaudy, though.
    Except the F (chord) U tee shirt. I really like that one.

And, my old Alice Cooper tee shirt from his February 1990 Trash concert in Atlanta. That one stays, come hell or high water.

boredguy6060 and RomanS like this.

15. fortj3

fortj3 Tele-Meister

Feb 5, 2017
    Georgia
    I guess PeeWee liked mega cougars

Toto'sDad likes this.

16. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Tele-Afflicted

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    It's all subjective. Knowing or caring how to dress is relative in so many ways. Frankly, I'd say the actor William Powell had it down. Who dresses like that any more?
    And it depends on the woman. Every girl I've dated, has had different ideas about what that means. Then there's my wife. She doesn't even buy into any of this.

17. Endless Mike

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    Apparently some here are confused on this fact. Why is it people are so quick to confuse opinion with fact? Especially their own? It's subjective and much to my despair, it seems impossible to get that across to most people.

18. Endless Mike

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    Yep. Right on. I dress only for comfort. Which does *not* include baggy pants, etc. Comfort is possible without having to follow the ghetto fad.

19. fortj3

fortj3 Tele-Meister

Feb 5, 2017
    Georgia
    ^This.

RomanS likes this.

20. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO

It's ok ! I carried around a security blanket until my testicles descended.

All joking aside. I still use old film cameras (black and white) and use anything I can to ease the burden of carrying around the necessary stuff for my hobby. It doesn't even have to be a "Man" purse, it can be a floral hello kitty bag as far as I am concerned !

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.