Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

just a heads up for your own good

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chemobrain, May 15, 2017.

1. iluvfender

iluvfender TDPRI Member

Aug 11, 2016
    No mention of Tan Pants?

2. thegoatking

thegoatking Tele-Meister

May 16, 2013
    Buckeye AZ
    Meh. I agree with all the crap on that list. Wear what you want, by all means, but understand that most of the things she lists are completely ridiculous things to wear.

RomanS, Sconnie, 8barlouie and 3 others like this.
  3. fenderese

fenderese TDPRI Member

You got a good set of picks in there?,,, pass earned.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. peterpicker

peterpicker Tele-Meister

Oct 24, 2010
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    I dress for myself, but trust in my wife if she's thinks I'm not looking ideal. When I was younger and single, I didn't care at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using TDPRI mobile app

6. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

May 27, 2013
    California
    Lol, you should talk.....have you seen your avatar lately?

7. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

May 27, 2013
    California
    So then according to this lady, Prince should be avoided.
    [​IMG]

8. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006

I just barely made it to #6.

4pickupguy likes this.
  9. TexMax

TexMax Tele-Meister

Jun 17, 2010
    Brooklyn
    Uh, have you seen my avatar?

brookdalebill likes this.
  10. therealfindo

therealfindo Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2012
    Germany
    .. or the 'bloviating, opinionated & annoying people' who disagree, as the case may be

11. TheletterJ

TheletterJ Tele-Afflicted

Aug 13, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    I made it all the way through this list without a single point of contention! What do I win?

atomfissure and MilwMark like this.
  12. TheletterJ

TheletterJ Tele-Afflicted

Aug 13, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    This is absolutely true. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

13. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Well, we wont let a little thing like that get in the way of us cane shakers!! It could have been a list of Top 21 things a South African Spotted Twangolo Shouldnt Eat and would have been just as happy!! Thats right! Happy! (shakes cane hand on hip)

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  14. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Holic

Jul 26, 2010
    Louisville,KY
    I don't know who that young lady is,never seen her before,but in my opinion,she got it right. I agree with her 98%. The only thing I thought she was wrong on are the logo t-shirts. Everything else,she nailed as far as I'm concerned.Other than the logo t-shirts,I myself wouldn't be caught dead in wearing some of that stuff,yes ,I'm talking about the long cargo shorts that everyone thinks is so cool nowadays or the jeans that look like they're spray painted on.The only thing those look good on is a very shapely,long-legged young lady. Yeah,I'm showing my age,but at the same time most kids can't dress themselves properly without their mommy helping them.

RomanS likes this.
  15. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    guitar players dont need that advice. wear jeans and tshirts or cargo pants and sandals and the women rip their clothes off and buy you drinks.

MilwMark and boris bubbanov like this.
  16. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Nov 17, 2006
    MA
    As annoying as she is, I don't disagree with her, although I'm guilty of the t-shirt violation every weekend, and I couldn't care less. A lot of these things are just a common sense way to dress if you're an adult.

RomanS likes this.
  17. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

at least bumched shrits wasn't on there!

I am only guilty of 3 of her violations:

1. I wear Crocs, but only around the house and yard. Easy on, easy off. But I don't go out in public with them
    2. Logo t-shirts. If it's clean and comfortable (and usually cheap at Walmart), I'll wear it. But mainly I wear single color ones
    3. Earring. I have a single pierced ear, have had it for 40 years. I don't wear any other jewelry (except a watch for special occasions). My wife and I got custom made matching earrings that we exchanged when we got married (neither of us like rings), so that's all I wear (it's a small single tiger eye stone set in gold)

Cheers,
    Doug

18. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Stratford, Ontario
    Me,too. I've got two basic looks. Most of the time, jeans and t-shirts. What my wife calls my scruffy look. "Who's scruffy looking?":D

On the other hand,had some business in the bank last week and dressed the part. More than capable of doing it properly when I need to.

Of course, I changed as soon as we got home. When my wife commented, I adapted a bit of Marty McFly: "You didn't really think I was staying in that zoot suit, did you?"

19. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

IF you wanna convince men to do something, the simplest thing is to just seduce them.

Another young lady would have found this easy, but this one did not.

The art of persuasion is about presenting yourself well and winning the observer over, and if you don't first do that, you're wasting valuable time and should stand aside and let someone else do the job. Whether she's "right" on paper, is not that important. She's pissed away an opportunity and this opportunity probably won't ever come again.

moosie likes this.
  20. Cicada Nation

Cicada Nation TDPRI Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Forgive me if I repeat anything, I sat through the 6 minutes of video, but couldn't make it through 7 pages of comments.

I'm with her on everything except the logo shirt. Of course, that would depend on what the logo is, I guess. Fender? What does it hurt? Big Johnson surfboards? Yeah....

As long as we're being materialistic and shallow, I found the fact that she's cross-eyed very distracting. Also, what is a "leenk"?

21. voodoostation

voodoostation Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2007
    Midlothian, Va
    My trailer park's safe after viewing this. Midriff shirts, Martens, mullets and 70's basketball shrots made the cut.

william tele likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.