Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

June Backing Tracks

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, May 30, 2015.

1. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Hey Joe, great to see you back. Congrats on the new job.

Week #1 - Very nice. Great control of the pinch harmonics.
    Week #2 - Well played Joe. There's some nice lines in there and the tone was really good. :D
    Week #4 - That track has a real Neil Young feel to it. I love it! Well done. :cool:

2. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Welcome back Bill, good to hear from you again. Nice take on the JJ Cale. Always enjoy hearing you sing.

3. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    Well, after many months, I'm finally retired, and have whittled away at enough of the (seems like) 30 year accumulation of honey-do's, so with the kids' ex-bedrooms painted I was able to move the pile of stuff from my office upstairs, and dusted off the guitars today. This will be it for June, and maybe I'll get one in for July, but we're heading out of town in a couple of weeks so who knows. (Maybe I'll *really* retire someday...) Anyway, enough whining, here goes nothing.
    https://soundcloud.com/keith-rogers-27/june-15-bt4-tdpri-twanger-central

4. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I like that very much Keith I totally I like different the versions coming from everyone, it shouldn't surprise me but it still does .

It's nice to hear from you again and good luck on that retirement.

5. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Bill - Nice work. You sound somewhat like JJ Cale.

6. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Psychedelic! Sounds like Quicksilver.

7. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Thanks to Mike, as always for all the things you do to make this work. I probably won’t be able to get to any of the July tracks, back on the road, but I’ll try to check in if possible. A little feedback, mostly on the same track I posted, but some notes for all I could find:
    Ullrich (@post 23) remix, BT1: Definitely felt the remix made the second track fit better; the chicken picking is excellent, especially some stuff at 1:20ish and 1:50 or so, plus the ending just made me smile…”chicken in the bread pan, scratchin’ out dough”…
    Mark (@post 10): loved the laid back, relaxed vibe. To me, this was the feel JJ Cale did so well. Your take kind of reminded me of EC’s work with Mr. Cale. Nice. Plus, your work on the last week was extra cool.

Mike (@post 13): I don’t think I’ve heard Rockabilly Mike before – what a rich twang! I mean Twang with a capital T! (and that does stand for Texas…or maybe Tennesee…) great work. Sounds like you and Ullrich should be working together.

Hoodie (@post 22): yeah, one man band doesn’t cover it. I especially liked the parts with the harmonica and the mando solo – kind of more relaxed than all of the instruments together – same for the piano – would have liked to hear the piano more upfront with the other instruments toned down a fraction. But all in all, another great arrangement. Phil, you always put together great arrangements.

John (@ post33): Clean, sweet, easy-going – a great way to go with JJ Cale. Liked it all, and I didn’t feel like it was repetitive at all.

Tom (tapollok - @ post80): great work, and always good to hear from new folks. FWIW, I think you’re pretty good at improvising – heard lots of good ideas and excellent playing. I think we’re always our own toughest critics, but you got it going on, man. Thanks for posting.

Joe (call me the breeze@ post 129): like your phrasing; some fun with pinch harmonics, too. Especially liked the stuff after 2:00 when you started throwing in some double stops.

still_fiddlin (@ post143): yeah, buddy. Good to the last drop. I especially liked the ending – no big deal, but just right. IMO, some of the best stuff happens when we’re not trying too hard.

- and for all the folks who did week 4 - I actually enjoyed these tracks quite a bit - everyone kind of had to get out of the comfort zone and it was all good. cheers,
    Bill

8. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

9. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Bill, good to hear from you again - even more when posting that song. Good singing, like your guitar work. Yes, JJ Cale was with you on that. Thanks for listening an commenting.

Keith, your track really surprised me regarding the scales you used; I think that was a very creative playing, love it!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.