Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

June Backing Tracks

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, May 30, 2015.

1. tapollok

tapollok Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2010
    pgh pa usa

2. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

3. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Phil, nice work in the background with the "Skank" and the "Baritone" - whatever this may be :). You also had some nice ideas and lines on the solo guitar. Can you add some reverb or delay with your BR600? A little of that can improve the sound.

4. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I agree with Ullrich on the background, it sounded nice .

Phil, I don't like suggesting ideas because I don't feel qualified to say so but this one I would like to give you a friendly suggestion,I would've backoff on the lead playing and pick your spots on this track .Sometimes it is just best to let the bt take the load , especially on this bt ,it's repetitive from start to end .It's something I'm realizing that I need to do more on my tracks .

5. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Repetition isn’t always a negative. Feel is what makes a musical passage good/bad.

6. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I definitely like the change in the dynamics on your track, it flows with the track and the baritone fills the lead breaks in between .Nicely done

8. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Hey everybody!!! Been pretty busy past couple weeks at my new job. After 2 months shy of 2 years trying to find a "good" job I landed one. Working at the Beach everyday, making decent coin again, in charge of 3 departments a lot of responsibility a good staff working in all areas. Just learning where everything is and trying to make things better than they were when I got there...

Anyway I got a chance to pick up a guitar today for a little while for the first time in what seems like forever. Started with week #4 and hopefully can work them all out before the month ends.

https://soundcloud.com/burninginstereo/week-5

9. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I really like your version Joe! It has Livin' On A Prayer flavour to it. I'll have to keep Mrs from listening to this.She use to be big on Bon Jovi or I'll never will hear the end of him!;)

10. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

11. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Joe, congrats on the new job. It sounds like a great find. Really enjoyed the tracks; especially week 4. Have to agree with Mike on track 1, you kicked in another gear at the end.
    John

12. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Wow! You been busy .

You got in the groove after the 2:50 mark on this one and some nice line all through this track.Nicely done

13. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Phil, the second version really sounds better.

jjpish86, week #4 was really wild; on week #1 I like that though you used a crunch rock guitar sound your playing sounded very much country-like. Nice pinched harmonics. On week #2 I would have preferred a less distorted sound, but you had wonderful lines in there.

14. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Joe-Congratulations on your new job. 1, 2 & 4 so far in a day! It's always nice to be able to concentrate on music. Good stuff!

15. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Hey, amigos! Been off on some adventures and such; every now & then, I've been listening in and y'all are doing good stuff! Finally had a chance to sneak in a little work on one of the BT's - couldn't resist some JJ Cale...so here's a version for you:
    https://soundcloud.com/colotexardo/tdpri-june-twang-call-me-the-breeze
    ...all the usual suspects; squier CV into garageband with a BF super; a tweed deluxe and a vox emulated. nothing fancy and couldn't resist singing along either.

Did my usual mini-tour this summer, which includes a benefit gig I do in Colorado (near Boulder) for a friend who is doing some great medical research. I put together a band with long time friends in Colorado and some folks that come from Texas and we all have some great fun. (photo attached from gig, in the red shirt, armed with trusty tele...) Also did a coffee house type gig down near C Springs. About to take the dogs for a walk, check in with y'all later.

Attached Files:

16. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Nice to hear from you Bill!

Top notch! I love the singing!

17. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Thank you guys it felt great to pick up a guitar again. it really has been a while since I have. Had some time yesterday and just went on a roll... Hope to get week 3 tonight.

18. pauljo1963

pauljo1963 Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    some great stuff here. a real pleasure to be involved

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.