Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

July Backing Tracks

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Jun 30, 2015.

1. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Yes, beautifully played, and an airy sound!

2. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

3. pauljo1963

pauljo1963 Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    some really great stuff here
    great work Uli. Mark & Phil

4. pauljo1963

pauljo1963 Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia

5. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

6. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Really nice effort Paul .The rotary effect gives it a more a calypso style to this track , which is nice.I can't figure out that's a bass or guitar on the bass beat but it works for this track.Nicely done!

7. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Phil, nice work again. I guess the rhythm guitar is an electric one, but like Mike I am not sure what wthe solo guitar is; might be a processed acoustic; anyhow, both sound clean and precise. Sounds like You composed the melody line. A sophisticated treatment of the task again.

Paul, I like that. The sub bass melody and the sub melody with that non-synchronized delay have a nice synth-like touch. The melody was well thought out and played; the effect you used gave it a oil-barrel kind of sound. Did you intentionally distort the sub bass melody and the sub melody a little or was it an accident?

8. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Thanks guys. It looks like I tricked you both. The lead guitar is my partscaster in the middle position with the out of phase switch engaged. I then put it into the BR600 set to emulate a Roland JC120.

The skank guitar is the same guitar back in phase this time into the BR600 with a different preset, which I tweaked so the delay/echo would be in time. That's the guitar panned to the left.

In the middle I played mandolin straight into the BR600 with a slight auto pan.

The scratchy guiro-like percussion panned far right is a wooden picture frame played with a pick. :eek:

9. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    July #4

• Ullrich - Very nice. The lead line was quite good, that Cabronita sure sounds nice. :D
    • Mark - A nice dream-like melody on this one Mark. Well played. I liked the 2nd guitar playing the repetition also. :cool:
    • Paul - I really liked this. Definitely has a calypso feel to it. Well done.

10. pauljo1963

pauljo1963 Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    thanks all for the kind words,
    all done on a tele ( SD 59 PAF in the neck , SD Broadcater in the bridge) run through a BOSS ME 70

ok the bass riff is neck pickup, no tone, with octave , run through a tweed simulation.

the sub melody, middle position, delay, compressor tone 3/4 combo simulation

the "lead" rotary , bridge pickup, tone full, clean simulation

the overdrive/distort , was an error, but I just did each track in one take, was sort of happy with each and mixed it down

thanks all again

11. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    https://soundcloud.com/telleutelleme/reggae-sorta

My not so reggae tune. St. Blues through my Champ X2 modeling a Twin Reverb with Spring Reverb and a Phaser. Did some palm muting to get a baser sound on parts. Playing my J-200 acoustic in the background, probably still too much back. Should have chopped the track down some.

Comments welcome as always. John

12. telleutelleme

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Phil - Really liked what you did. Did you also use a Phaser on this track?
    Ulrich - Very nice clean tone; which I liked a lot. Sweet sounding Cabronita.
    Mark - Very pretty sailing must have put you in a good mood for this. Enjoyed the effects you used.
    Paul - The base was a nice touch on this. Another good use of effects.

I enjoyed them all very much.

13. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I have no internet here now. The modem is dead.

I'll listen when I get the new one up and running.

14. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    John ,you have a very nice sound on this track.I like your playing and the effects that you used . I could make out J-200 in some parts , you're right ,it's a little buried in the mix but other than that nice work!

15. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    John, I didn´t hear your acoustic, but I listened at a low level. Other than that, it seems that all of the participants went a similar way with that track (which is very unusual): playing mostly clean in a relaxed way, using the minor scale. As Mike said, nice playing and sound!

16. telleutelleme

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    I can't keep a Reggae rhythm going to save my life. Its in my head but it isn't in my right hand for sure. I can hold it for a little bit and then I just get off the time. I should work on it because I really like it a lot. Listened to a lot of Marley and Tosh on vinyl. I love the mix of backing tracks because it does push us into directions we might not normally take. Perhaps just not with this one:lol:

17. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    John I think you played very nicely on this track. Maybe not quite reggae as you say, but melodically I thought it was pretty good. Well done. :D

18. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

19. telleutelleme

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Mike - Ah, a kindred spirit. I liked the tone and effects on this. Not Reggae, more like Dwayne Eddy and the Ventures go to Jamaica but I still liked it a lot.

20. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Ha! You sum it up John.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.