Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Julian Lage Trio: Splendor Riot (Live from Layman Drug Company)

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by editorjuno, Jan 12, 2018 at 2:58 AM.

1. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    He can make that thing talk, can’t he!

2. Dobronaut

Dobronaut Tele-Meister

Dec 11, 2016
    Leicestershire UK
    I'm gonna play like that when I grow up.

3. editorjuno

editorjuno Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Same tune, same player, same Tele, different band -- a little B3 on this one.

4. Badger06

Badger06 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2014
    Lund, Sweden
    I came across him for the first time recently. Have to say I was put off initially by his facial expressions but the music won me over in the end. Spent an hour or so working out ‘Rodger the dodger’ last night.

5. kennl

kennl Tele-Afflicted

Feb 6, 2007
    Moon Township, PA
    Everybody's New Year's resolution should be to play every song so you finish with the expression of joy seen at the end of the video
    That look between the players that says "wow, did you hear what I heard?" is the essence of music

davidchagrin likes this.

6. davidchagrin

davidchagrin Tele-Holic

Feb 8, 2009
    Hazel Park, MI
    Thanks for sharing this. I'd never heard of him. Now I'm hooked.

7. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    Love the JLT. To me he is a much more fun Bill Frisell. Love Bill too, but he comes off a bit more dry than Julian. I really like how much they use the actual instrument to be a part of the music, not just a means to an end.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.