Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Joyo vs Behringer

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ludashoeless, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ludashoeless

ludashoeless Tele-Afflicted

So which is better? Also if I go with Joyo what's the best place to buy from?

2. donh

donh Tele-Afflicted

Apr 25, 2010
    Oh Aich Ten
    china vs china

3. Delta63

Delta63 Tele-Holic

Nov 20, 2010
    Brazil
    Joyo by FARRRR

Joyo pedals are true bypass, metal and sound great.

Not to mention- cheap.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. willc68

willc68 TDPRI Member

Feb 25, 2011
    philly
    Behringer does have some great cheap pedals, which are mostly Boss clones.
    That being said Behringer probably has much more money to use for R+D.

6. Delta63

Delta63 Tele-Holic

Nov 20, 2010
    Brazil
    Behringer is mostly crap, but there definitely are some good ones as you said such as the phaser, vintage delay.

Joyo still stomps all over behringer though.

7. TurtleFang

TurtleFang Tele-Meister

May 29, 2010
    Honolulu, HI
    Yup,

9 times out of 10 on this forum, posts can be summarized have a love/hate relationship with these two brands:

Love: Joyo
    Hate: Behringer

'Round here Joyo is talked of like the "CV of pedals".

I own both brands, but that is my CliffsNotes on the subject here on tdpri.

8. ludashoeless

Thanks. I thought that Joyo was better, just making sure before i get the vintage overdrive. The behringer i did like though was the blues overdrive. Also where should i buy the joyo from?

9. Delta63

Delta63 Tele-Holic

Nov 20, 2010
    Brazil
  10. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    NC-USA
    I've had good service from WTF Accessories.

11. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 31, 2004
    Hackettstown, NJ
    Behringer also does clones of Line 6 stuff... Echo Machine is an Echo Park clone, and one of their reverbs is a Verbzilla clone. I had both, along with the Line 6 versions, and I can attest the Behringers ARE clones and DO sound quite good... their drawback is their buffer which is a horrible tone-sucker.

12. effcee

effcee Tele-Meister

Feb 10, 2010
    florida, tpa
    Get your JOYO stuff off of EBay. You can find US dealers that will ship quickly, and be easy to get ahold of should you have any problems.

13. bigp7099

bigp7099 Tele-Holic

Oct 1, 2010
    Brampton, ON
    i don't notice any tone suck with my behringer pedals at all, when i unplug from my board and plug right into my amp i get pretty much the same thing as with everything off through my board, i wouldn't expect it to sound exactly the same even with all true bypass pedals (and it doesn't)

as always ymmv

14. bossking7

bossking7 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 11, 2011
    Virginia
    Joyo is better IMO and WTF accesories has the best selection of them

15. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2007
    West Virginia
    I own a few of each and swap them around along side other US Hand Made pedals. They each have their uses. Right now I'm really liking the Behringer UV300. Sounds REAL close to the discontinued (and $200-$300 price tag) Boss VB-2. I've got the Behringer copy of the Boss Slow Gear coming shortly. I don't notice any real tone suck with the UV300 but I've heard stories where people say it's bad. The plastic case seems sturdy, not as sturdy as a metal box, but it should do the job unless you step on your pedals with 400+ lbs of force all the time.

16. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 31, 2004
    Hackettstown, NJ
    It's a pretty well-known thing with Behringer, as well a Danelectro. Bear in mind it happens with the effect ON... these are not true bypass pedals, but the tone suck I'm talking about is with the effects ON... the delay & reverb I mentioned, when compared to the dry signal (and when compared to the Line 6 units), dulled the high end quite a bit when engaged.

17. ludashoeless

How much for shipping? And how long?

18. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2007
    West Virginia
    Around $5 shipping to the US from WTF accessories. I'll let you know the time when my package arrives, hopefully this week.

19. ludashoeless

Thanks

20. southwoodgtars

southwoodgtars Tele-Holic

Jul 27, 2011
    north carolina
    I just bought 4 koto pedals at pedaltrader.com. They are in the U.S. I got them in 3 days and free shipping. I love the Pedals. I could not be happier.

21. southwoodgtars

southwoodgtars Tele-Holic

Jul 27, 2011
    north carolina
    Sorry. Auto correct sucks. I bought 4 joyo pedals... :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.