Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Joyo Pedals? A gift from God?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by bigdaddyjay, Jan 10, 2012.

1. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    Joyo is sold under the Harley Benton brandname by one of the biggest traders over here in Germany. They sometimes differ in the name and colour of the Joyo's, but they're exactly the same.
    I own the AC Tone which is a Tech21 Liverpool copy and the Micro Stomp Clean Glass (designed as a Fender amp simulator) and the Micro Stomp Golden Face ( supposed to be a Marshall amp simulator).
    The AC Tone may loose to the original Tech21, but it is an excellent pedal - as are Clean Glass and Golden Tone.
    I can highly recommend them.

That is, if you have no general objections against products from a chinese manufactory.
    But then, most companies (for any given or imaginable industrial product) produce their products or parts of them in CHina. This may mean supporting horrible working conditions or even (unwillingly?) supporting an oppressive regime. But then we shouldn't start arguing about an openly mysoginist and lying gouvernment in times of Trump, shall we?

Today China doesn't necessarily mean bad quality; it depends on how serious an american/european company is about quality control. There are lousy products and there are some with ZERO difference to american/european standards.
    Anyway, it is simply beyond me to expect a pedal from the USA or an european company for a price of a Joyo.

2. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Meister

Feb 9, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    I got an Ultimate Drive and a compressor (forget the name, the green one with the scorpion on it) on my pedalboard. They work and sound great, and are so cheap I got one more of each to toss in guitar cases for open mics, minimalist gigs, etc. Haven't had any problems with any of them.

I also have a couple Caline Blue Ocean delays, but I guess that's another thread.

3. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

When i was first getting back into playing about 7 years ago, I bought a three pack of belcat pedals. Chorus, trem and delay. Out of the 40 or so pedals i have bought over 35 years, these were by far the worst. The tone suck, even when switched off as you said, was off the scale. I have maybe half a dozen Joyos, i sent the comp back, think it was faulty, the trem was ok, but the vintage drive, ultimate drive, American sound, AC tone, and delay have all been completely gig worthy. I almost forgot.. the Sweet Baby is probably my go to pedal for low to moderate crunchy gain and if i had to do a gig without it i would cry.. my other drIves include gain changer, MI audio blues pro and crunch box, a very good Klone, a DIY Les Lius, TC Mojo mojo, Caline pure sky and orange burst, think that's about it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017

4. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    I love Joyo

Attached Files:

5. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    Yeah, I've had some problems in that area, the switch poorly soldered, and you have to be really careful because that ribbon cable is super-cheap and it's very easy to break some connections off of it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.