Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Jensen EM15-anybody know anything/looking for a similar soun

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Wild Rice Chris, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Wild Rice Chris

Wild Rice Chris Friend of Leo's

My '66 Ampeg B-15N has a Jensen EM15 speaker that sounds wonderful. It is a ceramic magnet 15" and that is all I know. I'm assuming it is similar to a C15N.

Anyways, I'm wondering what may be a similar sounding 12" to use in my Deluxe Reverb. I was going to use an EV, but the weight has made me change my mine. Suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Paul G.

Paul G. Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Rhode Island
    Jensen EM Speakers

These were Jensen's premium replacement speakers, similar to the Concert OEM line. They are very very nice speakers, I have a pair in my bassman cab and they are fantastic, rich with very tight controlled bass.

They are often called "Vibrantos" although I'm not so sure they were all officially so designated.

They have EMXXYY serial numbers--XX represents the speaker size, YY the power handling. Thus and EM1220 is a 12", 100W (probably program power) speaker.

I see these around here and there, the only guy who seems to have them all the time is Cold Springs Electrical Works in MA. I've bought some stuff from him with no problems, though I don't know much else about him.

www.coldspringselectricalworks.com

3. Pierce

Pierce Tele-Holic

Mar 4, 2003
    skull island
    I would imagine yours is a concert

..does it have an end bell? concerts generally have smooth painted frames and the vibranto's a crinkle paint.
    the vibranto 10's are the grail vor a vibrolux reverb speaker so I woud imagine a 15 would be great also.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. RussBert

RussBert Tele-Holic

May 11, 2005
    Connecticut
    Weber 12" "Michigan" will get you in the ballpark

6. Wild Rice Chris

Wild Rice Chris Friend of Leo's

Thanks for the info. I'd have to remove the Ampeg speaker to check, don't feel like doing that. I'm going to get an EM-1250 with bell for my Deluxe.

Here's what I got from the Weber Speaker board (won't disappear here and it's good info to have archived):

7. Paul G.

Paul G. Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Rhode Island
    Great info!!!

I have a pair of EM1220s in my bassman cab, which is modified to have an open back.

I run it regularly with my BF Bassman, I don't doubt this would be a great speaker for a deluxe. Even driven hard with a Gibson, the bass never gets flubby even in the open back cab.

P.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.