Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Jeez these CVC's are amazing

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by admsx, Sep 6, 2017.

1. admsx

admsx TDPRI Member

Sep 5, 2017
    NJ
    Finally got a working picture. Here is my new CVC I picked up brand new on craigslist for $250 !! Still had all the plastics when I bought it. I LOVE this thing. The setup is perfect, the nut is cut perfect, the frets are perfect. Perfect action right out of the box. The first thing I notice is this.. I was trying out some American Professional tele's at GC the other day and I noticed that when I hit the low E string, I didn't get that nice metallic hollow sounding *thud* if you know what I'm talking about. It was just kind of mushy sounding and lacked definition. This really confused me as this was a 1500$ tele. But this CVC gives me that tone.. I am perplexed

How can I find out what year this was made?

[​IMG]

2. brobar

brobar Tele-Meister

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    Excellent guitars! Love mine! You don't have to say "they are excellent guitars for the money"... you can simply say "they are excellent guitars" PERIOD!

HdCornerCarver and Brian Wright like this.

3. admsx

admsx TDPRI Member

Sep 5, 2017
    NJ
    I completely agree! They are just great guitars!

4. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2016
    Australia
    Nice. Had one, sold it, regret it.

First two numbers after CGS on serial number are the year.

Brian Wright likes this.

5. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    You are right! We should stop adding the "for the money" on just about all current VM and CV Squiers, except for the Affinity, which is a great guitar for the money... And the standard... is just a great "standard", no upgrades needed, just a lot of playing hours.

I love the CVC too! it sounds so different from the CV BSB, even though it should have the same pickups.

brobar likes this.

6. HdCornerCarver

HdCornerCarver TDPRI Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Lake George, NY
    Awesome guitars! You got a great deal on it too!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.