Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Jazzy Fender/Squier Partscaster (Strat)

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Little Jay, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Little Jay

Little Jay Tele-Meister

Jul 20, 2009
    The Netherlands
    My latest project was to assemble some Strat parts I had laying around. I wanted a ‘jazzy’ Strat: darker, fat clean to, suitable for more jazzy stuff byt also still funkin’ it up when it needs to....

I had a sunburst body laying around (could be a Squier body as well) and stumbled upon a Squier neck with the big headstock. So the idea of a 70s-vibes Strat capable of doing some jazz was born. A challenge since I don’t like Strats for jazz at all! I play a 1950 ES-125 or a Gibson ES-333 for that... but I think I managed!

For me the trick was using a .1uF tone cap (like Fender did from ‘54-‘62 as well) and stringing it with heavier flatwounds (.011). The rosewood fingerboards helps too I guesss! Neck and bridge pickups are Custom Shop 54s, bridge is an 80ies Fernandes ‘grey bottom’.

Here’s the result:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is what she sounds like:

You like?

brookdalebill, TigerG and RodeoTex like this.
  2. TigerG

TigerG Tele-Holic

Aug 14, 2015
    Nashville
    I like! That's pretty!

Little Jay likes this.
  3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  4. Little Jay

Little Jay Tele-Meister

Jul 20, 2009
    The Netherlands
    It sounds great on my old Framus amp! As if they were meant for eachother....

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.