Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

January Backing Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by jjpish68, Jan 8, 2014.

1. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Hey All:

Over on the LP forum they have a monthly backing track that they post up for all the members to download, solo over then upload back up for everybody to take a listen.

I have participated the past two months and it is a really good thing. It is really cool to see how different people approach a solo and how many different ideas there are off the same two minute track. For someone like me that is "new" to solo/lead guitar it is a great way to learn.

Everybody should feel comfortable participating and it should go without saying we have to keep this a positive experience for everybody. If this works there will be posts from people of ALL Levels of ability and that is a GOOD THING!

When listening to others work suggestions and tips for improvement are what some of us are looking for to improve our playing. (Getting our butts kicked for not being good enough is not)

So here is how it works: I posted up a simple Blues in A backing track in soundcloud. Follow the link, download it, record your work over it then upload it to soundcloud and copy and paste the link to your recording in a post here. Also include the gear you used, the more detail the better. You can use any guitar you want any amp any effects it is wide open to your creativity.

This is all about having fun and learning from each other. It works real well over on the LP forum and I hope they don't bash me for "stealing" the idea but it is such a good thing I figured it would be cool to see how another group of players would do this.

Here is the link, download, record, upload and post. Have fun!!!

https://soundcloud.com/burninginstereo/blues-in-a-major-1

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014

2. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    There are some really fine players over there.

3. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Yes there are many. Good group of people over there.

4. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    Hi JJ I think it's a great idea to get people of all levels of experience playing, Yeah I'll give it a try. It's not my forte and improvising to backing tracks is something I should be doing more of:oops:. I had a couple hours spare this afternoon and gave it a shot:lol:
    I used a Vintage (brand) V2 Telecaster using a Line 6 guitarport for the interface and used a Fender 65 Twin reverb tone in Amplitube 3 called Sir Twin Verb recorded into Reaper DAW. :D

5. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Near TELE-Town (Wash. DC)
    Admin Post
    We've moved your thread over here to Twanger Central. This is the place to put any tracks you record.

Thanks,

CS

6. bingy

bingy Friend of Leo's

Why doesn't a notice like this contain a link?

7. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland

8. Royal Tele

Royal Tele Tele-Holic

Jul 13, 2009
    Lone Star State
    I'll try to get in on this. I've got to figure out a way to record myself. May be a crude video, but it'll have to do!

9. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Near TELE-Town (Wash. DC)
    Admin Post
    It doesn't need a link, you're already in Twanger Central. And there's a "Moved" notice where the thread was originally posted. CS

10. bingy

bingy Friend of Leo's

Oh. OK Sorry!

11. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Well this looks to be a fail... Oh well gave it a shot.

12. Big John Studd

Big John Studd Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2010
    DC
    Still plenty of time left in the month...don't declare defeat just yet! I think it's a good idea, I liked the video from Hotpot, and if I can get some time to myself I'll see if I can submit one too.

13. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I tried to find how download it to my iPad so I could import it into a daw but couldn't figure it out... Sorry... but I think it's a great idea!!!!

14. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Jul 7, 2008
    Texas
    The download button underneath the player doesn't work?

15. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    It only allows me to play it not save it?

16. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Jul 7, 2008
    Texas
    I had no problem saving to my computer using the soundcloud download button (the 4th one to the right of the Like button). I'm not familiar with the iPad. No way to download to an iPad? If not, maybe download using another machine and then get the file into the iPad.

The file itself is a 160 kbps mp3.

17. zeoy

zeoy Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2010
    Athens, Greece
    Are audio files okay or do we have to upload a video? It's a great idea and I'd like to take part but videos are a bit complicated for me.

18. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Where's yours? ;)

19. Royal Tele

Royal Tele Tele-Holic

Jul 13, 2009
    Lone Star State
    You're throwing in the towel too soon. I still plan to upload a video. Just gotta get a little time to do it--maybe this weekend. Give it time. It will catch on.

20. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    I'm with Mjark... I was waiting on you... :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.