Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Jagcaster. A beautiful idea

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Rab1s, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Rab1s

Rab1s Tele-Meister

May 25, 2012
    St pete
    image-1085030262.jpg

I found this photoshop image a while ago. A strat mixed with a jaguar. A bastardization of two iconic guitars. I've wanted to build one ever since I've seen it.

But Id want to add a bit to it. I'd like a tele bridge pup, and a strat mid pup. Leave the neck pickup a jaguar. Make it a short scale neck. Does anyone know what a tele bridge pickup sounds like on a short scale?

Also I've been trying to think of what the controls would be. The three bottom switches would be each pup on and off. But what would you do with the top "rhythm" circuit?

This is all just ideas but one day if like to make it a reality. Its on my bucket list to build a guitar and when it happens this is what I'm going to build.

2. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 14, 2012
    London, UK

3. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Very cool.

You could just leave the rhythm circuit alone--that is, leave it as standard Jag--neck pickup only, with volume and tone controls shifted to the "roller" pots.

4. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Here's one I've been looking at. I also looked at Clint Walker's original post here and I'm becoming an offset fan big time. Not sure of the inlay on the 12th fret but this one looks pretty good.

[​IMG]

5. stinkey

stinkey Tele-Afflicted

Apr 4, 2010
    malmö sweden
    I would have two Jaguar pups and an Strat pup in the middle and have the "rythm" circut control the strat pup. And leave the three switchies original. It's an guitar i would realy want to build, and play!

6. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    How are pickups selected on that guitar?

7. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    Dont forget the Fender Jaguarillo.i love offsets .

8. thecableguy

thecableguy Friend of Leo's

So many cool guitars to build, so little time.

9. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Not sure. It looks like it's from a design shop so it may be a mockup. I like the way it looks though.

10. Awake

Awake Tele-Meister

Jan 18, 2011
    Indiana, US
    Maybe a three-way selector switch governing the bridge and neck pups, with a middle pup on/off switch?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.