Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Jack White's Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ecadad, Apr 26, 2012.

1. zimp

zimp Tele-Meister

Mar 27, 2009
    Jack White was on 'Later with Jools Holland' this week playing the guitar. It certainly looked new or refinished. He was playing tunes from his album 'Blunderbuss'. He played with two bands, one all girl. Great performances, he's on the show again on Friday, cant wait, gotta love Jack!
  2. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Oups, he might also use some pedals. Maybe not as much as the edge but still.
    To me the girls in the band are more appealing, anyway :lol:
  3. Mightyaxeman

Mightyaxeman Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2007
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Mightyaxeman

Mightyaxeman Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2007
    And this^.
  6. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Whatever it is, a tele seems to fit his vibe pretty well. Surprising it has taken him this long to be seen with one.
  7. Jegonzal

Jegonzal TDPRI Member

May 2, 2011
    Corpus Christi
    It kinda LOOKS like my mim.

8. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Sure looked on Colbert last night that Jack's Bigsby was anodized WHITE .

All controls, plate etc as well.

The Whammy pedal is the chink in his armor.

1o yrs later it's still annoying as hell (I saw him pre-Whammy pedal 3 or 4 times - much better solos).

Jack came off as prepared, studied, staged. The bit w/ the kid didn't work.

The Edge came off as very self-effacing.

Jimmy Page wins btw...
  9. Vladimir

Vladimir Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Does that look like u humbucker route with a single coil pickup?
  10. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity

Product placement?... endorsement contract?...
    he wouldn't be the first musician to be offered shiny new guitars to use onstage...

JW may well have gone back to a Tele in the studio.. though he never played old beat up Fenders much in the past... (as far as I've seen)...

that's the music business.. why not?.. I mean, it's an iconic American guitar.. JW would be more than happy to get onboard...

part of his appeal was the funky old guitars he played....and the disregard he showed them... "pick a fight with it"...

my Tele loves a fight.. and responds like a cornered wildcat... JW taught me that... it's not so scarey anymore...
  11. vinny199

vinny199 TDPRI Member

Apr 24, 2011
    london, uk
    Oh no! Coca Cola boy has a Tele with a Bigsby.

Makes me almost feel guilty having mine. thanksfully it is white.
  12. Andy Summers

Andy Summers Friend of Leo's

Jul 26, 2006
    My fave scene from It Might Get Loud

And I'll never understand The Edge "hate". He has come up with so many beautiful pieces and sounds. And he sure seems like a humble guy.
  13. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Let's not lose the new focus of this thread :

Is Jack's Bigsby and control plate and bridge white on that guitar ?
  14. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity

It's all white?... could be...

sorry couldn't help myself with an old Oz fav.... it seemed appropriate...;)

15. edipo

edipo Tele-Meister

Sep 14, 2011
    I'm a huge Jack White fan but the guy has really created a character. The purist musician that has beat up guitars. That was the whole qhite stripes thing. In the movie he says this and then gets all happy with a custom made gretsch.
  16. RocknDrTom

RocknDrTom Tele-Holic

Aug 20, 2009
    Lumberport, WV
    I guess this means that Jack Black is going to have to get an all black telecaster now.
  17. Thundersleet

Thundersleet Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2009
    This isn't the first time Jack has been seen with a tele and bigsby.

In 2004, Lynn made a comeback with the highly successful album Van Lear Rose, the second album on which Lynn either wrote or co-wrote every song. The album was produced by her "friend forever" Jack White of The White Stripes, and featured guitar work and backup vocals by White. Her collaboration with White allowed Lynn to reach new audiences and generations, even garnering high praise in magazines that specialize in mainstream and alternative rock music, such as Spin and Blender.Rolling Stone voted the album the second best of the year for 2004. (White has long been an admirer of Lynn and claims she is his favorite singer. He has covered several songs of hers, including the controversial "Rated X.")

18. guitarzan13

guitarzan13 Friend of Leo's

Jul 25, 2006
    LaGrange, GA
    IMHO ^^^^^ This
  19. Powers

Powers Tele-Meister

Apr 12, 2009
    Dallas, TX

20. ECF

ECF TDPRI Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    This. Look at those frets. They look like jumbo's to me.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.