Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Jack socket on squier tele custom

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by crawf, May 17, 2018 at 4:42 AM.

1. crawf

crawf NEW MEMBER!

Thursday
    Cambridgeshire
    While trying to tighten jack socket I've caused it to stop working completely, the nut will not turn on the threaded part of the jack socket, the whole thing turns as one, do I need a special tool for this or do I have to completely disassemble the entire guitar?

2. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Holic

Nov 26, 2014
    London
    Welcome.

If you've got one with the four screw mounting plate for the jack. You can just remove that and hold the jack from behind while you unscrew the nut.

If the jacks in a recessed cup, remove the control plate and hold the jack with a finger while you unscrew. If you have a cup, check out Electrosocket, the ultimate cure for the Telecaster's Achilles heel.

Replace the jack with a Switchcraft one. Top kit.

blakestree likes this.

3. blakestree

blakestree Tele-Meister

Nov 21, 2014
    Savannah, GA USA
    [​IMG]

4. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    I agree with the folks above. I'd first get an electrosocket and a jack that fits it. Then I'd remove the strings (or the entire neck, leaving the strings attached), lift the pickguard, push the whole jack assembly out from the inside, and install the new jack and electrosocket.

5. Powertrip240

Powertrip240 TDPRI Member

May 6, 2018
    PHX, AZ
    If it's stopped working completely, it sounds like you may have broken a wire or two. If that's the case, they will need to be soldered on to the jack.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.