Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

iTunes 11

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by a.miller, Mar 26, 2013.

1. a.miller

a.miller Tele-Meister

Jan 31, 2008
    Burbank, CA
    What was wrong with the intuitive nature of the previous 10 versions? Now my phone won't sync over wifi. Nor can I search/refine/filter my music the so I can find what I want.

Cover flow? Gone.

Steve Jobs? Gone.

New ipad/iphone connector. Lame.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I usually adopt updates without any cause for concern. iTunes 11 is a black eye, much like the Maps app.

EDIT: And, I kid you not, my iTunes has had to update at least weekly for the past few weeks.

Apple is slipping.

2. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    As bad as (new adobe update)

3. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

May 1, 2012
    Prescott AZ
    Look at the bright side-- at least it's not Java.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Wow, the worst 3 offenders mentioned in the first 3 posts
    iTunes , adobe and java

6. a.miller

a.miller Tele-Meister

Jan 31, 2008
    Burbank, CA
    I actually said this to myself as I was posting. :)

7. AZMike

AZMike Tele-Meister

Nov 17, 2005
    Prescott, Arizona
    Go to oldapps.com . Previous versions are available, and they are functional. I went back to version 8.0 on one my computers.

Mike

8. zatoichi

zatoichi Tele-Holic

Jan 30, 2010
    Old South
    There have not been frequent updates to the program in the past few weeks, so I really wonder what you mean.

9. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2008
    Louisiana, USA
    Mine won't sync all the way through! It just freezes and hangs. I left my phone attached the other night all evening while watching TV with my wife. When I got back it was still "syncing" but it wasn't doing anything.

Idk the new updates have been crappy!

10. J-man

J-man Super Moderator Staff Member

Apr 25, 2004
    North Wales
    Admin Post
    Cover flow sucked IMO, and the new connector is just Apple playing catch-up, since the old connector looked oversized compared to most other smart phones.

11. adamkavanagh

adamkavanagh Tele-Holic

Aug 1, 2009
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    the current version of itunes is CRAP

everytime i search for a particular song or album in my library it comes up like a retarted itunes store page with album artwork and crap - even though i have my library set to list view.

podcasts are doubled in certain cases and dont sync right with my phone anymore

its awful, just awful

12. nomadh

nomadh Tele-Holic

May 2, 2008
    san diego
    All the versions of itunes drove my dad to andriod. He loved the iphone and hated itunes. I wont even use itunes for my ipod.

13. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Dec 20, 2011
    Australia
    Apple's motivation for updating iTunes is to extract more money from users, not to improve the user experience. Predictably, users feel stiffed. I never update until I absolutely have to.

14. bradpdx

bradpdx Friend of Leo's

Jul 16, 2006
    Portland, OR
    How does changing the iTunes UI change what you buy or don't buy? That makes no sense.

15. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 12, 2003
    Glamorous NoHo
    It really is true.

They're trying to direct you to the store -- 'cause that's where the money is -- and failing miserably. It's as if Apple went out of its way to make the ITunes difficult to use. The application seems to fight the user.

16. big-daddy-59

big-daddy-59 Tele-Holic

Mar 20, 2009
    Castlewood,VA
    Big plus 1 to that idea

17. big-daddy-59

big-daddy-59 Tele-Holic

Mar 20, 2009
    Castlewood,VA

Then they should have made it a standard microUSB, not some new proprietary connector. But then they couldn't charge you $20 for a replacement cable or $40 for an adapter so you can use your docking station.

18. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    I'm experiencing schadenfreude right now.

19. I'm baffled. I use itunes every day, I do the updates and... I use itunes everyday...

I hear these horror stories and I think "god, what is around the corner for me???"

and then, nothing. I just use it every day and listen to books and music and sometimes I rent a movie... I've ripped all of my cds into it...

you guys must be power users!

20. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    I have the same experience in Windows and my Android phone. maybe it's luck, maybe I'm used to the way things work, but I never have any Phone, PC, Tablet, Walkman problems. Yes, my mp3 player is a Sony Walkman.:lol:

21. J-man

J-man Super Moderator Staff Member

Apr 25, 2004
    North Wales
    Admin Post
    I'm sure you can buy third party cables for $2 on eBay.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.