Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

It took me a long time to finally made the desicion and it will take me longer to fully pay it off..

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Blazer, Sep 21, 2017.

1. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    Congrats Blazer, as others have said, if you need that sound you need a Ric. Nothing else comes close. Play it in good health!

2. tominwa

tominwa Tele-Meister

Sep 15, 2016
    Olympia, Wa
    It wasn't until I started getting older that I started buying really good stuff. I mean Ill be dead soon enough.

Any young person that plays and is planning on sticking with it should get a good quality instrument. Give up the starbucks. Cut back on the cable. Do what you have to do and for a hundred bucks a month for a couple of years you will have quality for the rest of your life. I know its hard when you are young. Kids, bills, just trying to get ahead.

If you are a player you owe it to yourself. If you are just someone who enjoys the learning and treat it more of a hobby and always will. It doesn't matter. We go through our lives putting things off and snap of the fingers the time has gone by. Sacrifice somewhere else, being able to play an instrument, any instrument, is special. You are special. You deserve a good quality instrument.

A good guitar isn't the same as a fancy car or a vacation. It is a part of you and always will be. Just take it from an old guy and don't let the years go by wishing.

3. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Regarding the small/slim/narrow/not big necks on Rics , they do make a model with a 1 3/4" nut but it's not one I've ever seen Pete or Paul play...

4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Now I know which one I want - the 1993 Plus 12 string, 'cept I wouldn't string it as a 12...

Congrats Blazer. Most Ric dreams are just dreams !

5. bendercaster

bendercaster Tele-Holic

Sep 20, 2011
    Sacramento
    Congrats! I found a crazy deal on a NOS 360/12 a few years ago. I love it, but it made me really want a 6 string 330 too. You are going to dig it.

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

The 660 -- I haven't seen one in the flesh.

[​IMG]

7. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    I used to think that living in Japan would be expensive, and things like good guitars hard to find. The former is true, it is expensive, but things are not hard to find. I could get just about any guitar I can imagine, in an hour. There are at least three guitar stores within cycling distance of where I live in Tokyo who are fully stocked with Rickenbackers. Finding them is not a problem, but choosing one can be.

On the negative side, I spend much more on guitars (and have more guitars) than I should.

LiteAsh likes this.

8. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia

9. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Well, today I made the order final. There's a 330 in Jetglo with my name on it coming my way.
    [​IMG]
    It will take around 11 months before I can retrieve it. But that's okay, good things come for those who wait.

So what am I going to do with her once she's mine?

Gig her of course, there aren't many Rickies around in the scene here and if you've got it, Flaunt it.

10. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Holic

Nov 11, 2012
    Madison, WI, USA
    Cool! I'm a Weller fan myself, so I can understand your desire for a Ric.

I like a maple look, but I really like the jetglo model you've chosen, congrats!

11. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Meister

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    Tom's comment really does sum it up.

12. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Meister

Mar 16, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Oh, to have a Rick in my collection...it is a dream. I'd love a 620, but unless I win the PowerBall lottery it probably ain't gonna happen. I'm not a good enough player anyway ;-)

13. soul-o

soul-o Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2007
    Boston
    Funny thing: Tom Petty passing away has reinforced how short life is in a very specific Rickenbacker- oriented way.

14. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Yeah, Tom Petty is yet another reason why I wanted to have a Ricky for so long.
    [​IMG]
    He said that a 330 was his first decent guitar. God knows how many classics he wrote on that thing.

[​IMG]
    He also mentioned this double neck Rickie as being one of the best sounding Rickenbackers he encountered, stating that the wide body mass makes all the difference sound-wise but he didn't use it much live because of the instrument's weight.

(Now where's my CD of "Damn the Torpedoes" I wanna hear his music!)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.