Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Is this worthwhile or chasing a ghost?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Kbg1292, Dec 13, 2017.

1. shupe13

shupe13 Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2010
    Greenfield, IN
    My Thinline has the exact same pups as my Nashville, Vintage Noiseless. Minus the mid pup and different switching, there is a slight difference in tone. The Thinline definitely has a more mellow tone.

brookdalebill likes this.

2. dustoff

dustoff Tele-Meister

May 23, 2005
    Glenview Illinois
    I've played a bunch of thinlines and never really liked them. A close friend has one and loves it....to each their own.

3. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    While I don't fully agree with your assessment of Thinline Telecasters, I like your last line...if it doesn't work for you, get it in the hands of somebody who can make full use of it.

4. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Holic

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    Hey Kbg - in case you're looking for someone who "gets it": I do :)

But seriously, if you're not 100% sure about your tonal goal for this guitar, take your time and do some research. If you wanna put a Lollar Imperial in the neck spot, I guarantee you'll love it (if you have ears). If your research takes you down the rabbit hole and you get real specific on what you want and can't find it, I can't recommend Tim at Sunday Handwound highly enough for custom work.

Or, for a cheaper alternative: just case it up. Let it take a vacation from your ears. In a few months, you'll pull it back out and hear things - maybe positive, maybe negative - that you hadn't heard before. Then you'll know for sure.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.