Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Is this Charlie Christian pickup on Thomann pickguard or body mount?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by ericaa, Sep 22, 2017.

1. ericaa

ericaa TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Sweden
    Hello!

I'm a long time lurker who's going to try building a partscaster together with a more technical friend.

I'm just wondering if this Charlie Christian pickup from Thomann is pickguard or body mount.

If this question is in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Cheers!

https://m.thomann.de/se/lollar_charlie_christian_t_ne_bk.htm

2. ericaa

ericaa TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Sweden
    Thanks for the welcome!

So just to make sure: I can order that one and either body mount it or pickguard mount it?

3. jackal

jackal Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2010
    mojave desert
    It will mount either way, just be advised that it requires a lot of routing and major pick guard modification.

4. Doug B

Doug B TDPRI Member

May 29, 2017
    Canada
    Just to be sure, email Lollar pickups.

5. KokoTele

KokoTele Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Mar 17, 2003
    albany, ny [not chicago]
    Lollar sells the pickup with either the option to mount to the pickguard or to mount it to the body. The body mount version has larger holes in the base plate, while the pickguard mount has smaller, tapped holes. There's also a difference in the size of the base plate, but I don't think Lollar tells us which is which.

http://www.lollarguitars.com/blog/2...t-wha-choosing-your-charlie-mounting-options/

I can't tell from the picture which one that is. I'd email Thomann and ask them.

6. ericaa

ericaa TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Sweden
    Thanks for all the replies! I've emailed Thomann and haven't heard back (yet), but thanks for the tip about emailing lollar if I still haven't got a reply in a few more days

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.