Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Is life just a series of random humiliations...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soulgeezer, May 16, 2018.

1. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

Feb 13, 2007
    Just passing thru
    Relating to this far too much.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I can count my good decisions on two fingers.
    Hopefully I’ll make one more good one before I run out of time.
    Hopefully.

telemnemonics, memorex and LocoTex like this.

3. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    Theoretically. However the mind does it's own thing. Easier to train a pack of wild hyenas to become faithful pets.

4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    "You are 100% in control of whether you feel humiliated or not" is much better sentence structure.

(Loser ! :lol:)

Oh - I just peed on my shoes...nevermind. Isn't the first time...:( (Eeyore voice)

moosie, telemnemonics and Toto'sDad like this.

5. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Are you married? If so, then it's already too late!

6. memorex

memorex Tele-Afflicted

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    Couldn't agree more with you on that, but humiliation gets easier to deal with all the time as I become a crotchety old fart. I just everyone to go f*** themselves and I feel great.

Teleterr likes this.

7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Not any more.
    Marriage #2, of 3 was my second good decision.
    Picking up a guitar (and trying to figure it out) 51 years ago was the first.

telemnemonics and soulgeezer like this.

8. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2011
    Kent, UK
    I used to hang on to my stash of humiliations. Them drag them out and pore over them like a miser with something precious.
    Now I'm older and they're all behind me. Once you've had kids and they have pooed, puked and whatever on you there's not much can offer further humiliations.

telemnemonics likes this.

9. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    They are not random at all.
    We are told when to humiliate you.
    lol

soulgeezer likes this.

10. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    So, there's a clipboard with a schedule on it somewhere?

telemnemonics and uriah1 like this.

11. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Williamsville NY
    Better get on the bus. :D

12. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    I d stick w the series of humiliations. Parallel humiliations are even worse.

fredzepplin likes this.

13. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I think humble and humiliation are related. It is common to respect and like the humble man and to also see humiliation as a pretty severe tumbling down.... To become humble..... you get the idea...

My experience has been climbing and getting better and doing well and having success and then there is a 'correction' an 'adjustment' and I'm forced to face the more fundamental truths of life. When a particularly difficult set of circumstances and truths and realities become apparent to me... instead of just 'feeling' the hurt of becoming humble, I try to see it for what it is and see the truth of it.

Ex. You perform a task or project in the workplace full of good intention and within the bounds of acceptability only to find that by doing it, it cause a few people distress because it upsets a set of circumstances they were used to and liked. They rebuke you and you can see the upset in their words and faces and it is difficult. You step back and try to understand their 'take' and while you could be defensive or be mad or whatever, you just kind of accept it and learn from it... more data for future actions...

The more experiences I have, the less random the humiliation becomes. I can even predict when I will choose an action that will get a result that will result in rebuke or humiliation. Sometimes I sidestep them now... other times, it is like the movie Tin Cup.... or the old story of the frog and the scorpion.... you choose not to change your response, you choose to accept it as what you do, who you are and who they are... effectively discovering peace even within conflict.

14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I need not the help of others, friend or foe to secure humiliation. My own enterprise is such that I can gather it alone like the shepherd gathers his flock at the end of the day.

soulgeezer and moosie like this.

15. Snook

Snook Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2015
    Ohio
    Breathe & allow things to pass?

My brother has a kidney stone..... this is exactly what his doctor told him last week <grin>

16. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Almost perfect. The 'logic' phrase makes it seem that the only way to control your emotions is to not have them.

Mexi-Tele Blues likes this.

17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Why would you be embarrassed by that? Oh wait, the angle of the arc figured from point of impact indicating point of origin would be? Okay, I see, never mind. :D

moosie likes this.

18. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Either one is the Alpha Male or not .

19. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Holic

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    This problem stems from our unwillingness to understand that our actions have consequences. Others react to us. We react to them. Sometimes it's better to simply not react. Spiritual karma may or not be real but the bad karma we bring on ourselves is all too real. I need a periodic reminder of this. Reminding me to watch my karma is one of those things my wife is pretty good at.

Paul in Colorado and tery like this.

20. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Humility is for losers. Everyone is talking about how great I am, I'm not saying it's true, but everyone is talking.

tery likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.