Is chorus really used much these days, for "current" music?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by bluesholyman, Feb 26, 2019.

1. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

Yeah, thank Cher and 'Do you beleive' for that. Then Rappers and R&B singers started [over] using it.
    Its like fingernails on a chalk board to me.....
    No chorus on my board and I dont touch the chorus on my JC120 either. But a good phaser is still mandatory for me.

2. sclitheroe

sclitheroe Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Awesome!

3. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

I just broke the piggy bank and dropped $18.48 on a Danelectro Fab Chorus. Chorus is cool, baby! :cool:

[​IMG]

4. TheMindful

TheMindful Tele-Meister

I think I had a bad sense of chorus in the past partly due to not knowing how/when to use them (as they can easily be overboard) and finding the right chorus pedal.

First one I bought that I fell in love with was the Pigtronix Quantum Time Modulator, which is a dynamic sensitive chorus, and you can blend between an envelope/dynamic side and a constant LFO. And the pedal has a vibrato option as well.

More recently I found an 80's Ibanez CS9 made in Japan at an estate sale. Paid $30... The buffer in it is so clean and nice sounding, does wonders for my board.

5. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

I like it a lot. But mostly just subtle. More like using light reverb but chorus. It makes things sound good. Surprisingly, I use it a lot in acoustic duo, which must be popular because most all acoustic amps come with Chorus built in.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.