Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Is $40 used a good price for an Ibanez ts9?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by adamgdog, Jan 2, 2018.

1. adamgdog

adamgdog Tele-Meister

Apr 5, 2017
    Louisville
    Craigslist seller listed a used ts9. Assuming that it is in working condition, is this a good price?

uriah1 likes this.

2. edvard

edvard Tele-Holic

May 15, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    Hell. Yes. I'll explain later. You have a pedal to buy...

uriah1 likes this.

3. davidge1

davidge1 Friend of Leo's

Nov 13, 2006
    USA
    40 bucks is a good price for any pedal if you like it.

4. edvard

edvard Tele-Holic

May 15, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    Reasons:
    1- If you like the Tube Screamer sound, this is a damn cheap way to score yourself an original. It's not the "classic" TS-808, but it's three components away from an exact conversion, and some people prefer the TS-9 sound anyway.
    2- That's pennies on the dollar compared to what any number of boutique Tube Screamer clones goes for nowadays. I could build you one myself for less than $100 if I'm feeling generous, but $40? You could buy the box to put it in...
    3- It's 40 bucks for an original TS-9! That should be reason enough!

5. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Seems like a fair price. I paid $50 for a craigslist TS9. The only caution I have is that this pedal is popular with DIY modification, and if it has been passed around the used market, then there's no telling what has been done to it by previous owners...and the current owner might not even know.

adamgdog likes this.

6. adamgdog

adamgdog Tele-Meister

Apr 5, 2017
    Louisville
    Hmmmm, hadn't even thought of that. I don't guess there is a way to find out either.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.