Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Irma Thomas - Anyone Who Knows What Love Is

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by EllroyJames, Jan 7, 2019.

1. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Ms. Thomas is now our link to the past, isn't she.

Howdy, I must've seen her perform 75 times, because she has always been available and shows every time she can. We're so proud of her, and she's still the same high class person she's always been. Never ever ever have I seen her do something or say something that suggested her time was more important than that of someone else.

EllroyJames and Jim W like this.
  2. Ben-Zion

Ben-Zion Tele-Meister

Apr 11, 2017
    Indiana
    Oh MAN, that is so tasty!

3. Gogogoch

Gogogoch TDPRI Member

Apr 25, 2016
    UK
  4. Euphonica

Euphonica TDPRI Member

Nov 28, 2018
    New Orleans, LA
    Okay now she WAS on my show last season! She was humble and awesome. A real pleasure to record.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  5. Gogogoch

Gogogoch TDPRI Member

Apr 25, 2016
    UK
    Yes! First heard Irma Thomas when this song was played on the closing credits of an episode of Treme (was gutted when that show ended!) and was transfixed. Her voice is so beautiful and the arrangement and sound of this song is just perfect. One of those rare tunes I can leave on loop for a fair while and just wallow in. Gorgeous!

EllroyJames likes this.
  6. EllroyJames

EllroyJames Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2013
    Sweden
    Down at Muscle Shoals

7. kranz

kranz Tele-Meister

May 2, 2003
    Atlanta
    I saw Irma T live at some music festival in Chicago's Grant Park decades ago. I had never heard of her before. But she really got my attention. She can really cook. So soulful!

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

If you are playing with the idea of going to the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival but aren't sure, know that you can pretty much count money, that she will perform there. She hasn't lost much; she's still consistently good in a way you can't say about Buddy Guy and etc.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.