iPad app?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Marc Morfei, May 13, 2019.

1. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

can anyone recommend an iPad app that can display chord charts, lyrics, etc.? I have researched and read reviews of many, but the descriptions all basically sound the same. So I am hoping for firsthand experience.

Important to me is the ability to import existing charts in PDF format. I have lots already set up and I don’t want to re-do anything.

Also important is the ability to edit. I have a specific format I like, which displays key ingredients of a song in a simple way. So I want to ability to create charts the way I like. The default format on these apps is not the way I want it.

Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks.

2. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Marc Morfei likes this.
  3. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

I use iBooks...I am pretty sure it came free with the iPad when I bought it. It's just a basic e-reader, and I also use it to read books.

I prefer to organize everything on a PC using PowerPoint and save to PDF for the iPad. Each slide is a song (I’m up to 300+) and contains lyrics, changes, TAB, performance/practice notes, etc. as needed...totally customizable, any format you can think of. The order of the slides can be easily rearranged for a particular gig. I load them as a PDF file to an iPad for the stage and print a paper copy for backup. Using iBooks to view the songs onstage I can flip through the songs in order or search by text like “Mustang” or “Sally” as requests come in.

Marc Morfei likes this.
  4. dcupright

dcupright TDPRI Member

I use Onesong, great app

5. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

6. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

Good suggestions so far, thanks peeps.

Junkyard Dog likes this.
  7. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

The rest on my band use OnSong but I do this... export word of ppt arrangement notes to pdf and just use iBooks.

Search is fine to find a page in a long set document. Can’t edit it though like OnSong.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.