Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

iPad and iOS Tonebridge App for Practice?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by rob5755, Apr 6, 2017.

1. rob5755

rob5755 Tele-Holic

Oct 9, 2008
    Freehold NJ
    I'm looking to re-invigorate my practicing enthusiasm with an iPad and the Tonebridge app to fire up my interest. The sound effects that Tonebridge uses to quasi-replicate famous guitarists' tones are good enough to have some fun with. Questions:

1. Would the iPad 9.7" be just as useful as the increased real estate of the 12.9" iPad Pro? Is one better than the other for strictly guitar practice? I'll be plugging in my Nocaster and Fender Pawnshop '51 via an Apogee Jam guitar interface for iPad.
    2. Is Tonebridge a good app to jam along with my favorite .mp3s? Would you guys recommend a different app? Not too many reviews of Tonebridge online, even though it was released in summer 2016.
    3. I've heard that iOS is better for musicians and guitarists due to lower latency and that Android is significantly lacking. This is supposedly due to Android audio APIs being based around Java and aren't great for reliability and some of the general rules of Java coding having to go out the window Android. One API for instance, can tend to break if you don't add in a delay of 30-40ms; which is obviously a crap solution.

2. rob5755

rob5755 Tele-Holic

Oct 9, 2008
    Freehold NJ

3. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston

4. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dec 24, 2015
    west of I-10
    That looks like a lot of big fun.
    iTunes says it needs IOS 9 + so my very very old 10" pad will work
    No need to spend 5-600 on a new iPad unless you want to, like new refurbs are as low as 150 for 32g 10" models from various vendors. Mine was 100 a couple years ago. Best hundred I spent since I bought that little MonoTone amp.:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.