Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Interview the person below you!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by HoodieMcFoodie, Jul 18, 2016.

1. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Poster Extraordinaire

Worse. I've had empty beer bottles thrown at me. It was like 'Bob's Country Bunker' from The Blues Brothers but without the chicken wire! Due to a promotion c0ck-up, our band were booked to play on the same night a Northern Soul disco was due... but no-one told the disco audience their show was cancelled. The Band Played On. :p

I hated disco at the time, but I heard some in a shop the other day and thought 'I get it now'. Great bass playing in those records in general. How do you feel about disco music now?

Steve 78 likes this.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    About the same, I like it better than bro country and death metal, but not much more.
    What is your favorite "decade" for music?
    I'm a 1970s guy.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

3. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    The seventies for me too. I managed to hate disco and yet love the BGs go figure

Who the heck would you cast in place of John Wayne in a western today ?

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Quite the question since I don't like John Wayne or most westerns, although I did like The Revenant. Maybe a "western" told from the indigenous point of view, with new actors in it. The recent Canadian film Maliglutit (Searchers) is a remake of John Ford's The Searchers that does just that.

Is there a film genre that doesn't do much for you even though your peers enjoy it? Why?

Nickadermis likes this.

5. brookdalebill

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Horror, hate it, don't get it, wish it never happened.
    Who is your favorite actor, based on acting abilities, not appearance?

6. RoyBGood

Gawd that's a tricky one! Gene Hackman just sprung to mind; French Connection 1 & 2, The Conversation, The Firm, Prime Cut, Target, No Way Out, Narrow Margin. He even does a great pantomime baddie in the Superman films. Not too shabby eh? I even forgive him for Absolute Power. :eek:

Question as above, but actress?

(I'm a 70s guy too! 'Rock music was perfected in the 1970s - it's a scientific fact.' Homer J Simpson)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    brookdalebill likes this.

7. BigDaddyLH

Female actor? It's a bit of a cliche, but Meryl Streep.

Favourite director?

8. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2012
    Nebraska
    I don't have an absolute favorite, but have enjoyed most of Ron Howard's work. "Apollo 13", and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", are two that come to mind.

Do you go to movie theatres, or do you prefer to wait for the movies release to cable/home video?

9. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    I love the movie theatres. Or theaters. All I care about is all you can eat popcorn and all you can drink soda. I don't even care what horror movies or chick flick Mrs. Blue drags me to. I enjoy movies at home too, but being at the theatre is the best. Probably because I never went as a kid.
    Same question?

10. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    I enjoy going to the movies, but don't go as often as I'd like. Big screen movies are like looking at vinyl album artwork. The beauty is in the detail.

What was he last movie you saw?

11. BigDaddyLH

The new Spider-Man movie (Spider-Man: Homecoming) -- my daughter wanted to see it, She smuggled in a drink -- milk!

Do you smuggle in food or drink? Or is there something you've gotta have? Popcorn, thin mints?

12. Steve 78

Steve 78 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Melbourne, Austraila
    Last movie I saw for myself was Warcraft: The Beginning. It didn't do well particularly in the USA but I loved it. I used to love playing Warcraft II and I went into it from that point of view. I hope there's a sequel but it isn't looking promising.

The last movie I actually watched (wife's choice) was Mermaids. It was alright.

Same question.

13. MatthewDickin

MatthewDickin Tele-Afflicted

The last movie I saw on the big screen was Cars 3, with my three-year-old. It was great; a return to the charm of the first and a good way to completely wipe the slate clean after the horror of the second. Next up is Dunkirk on iMax. Kind of thing you have to see on the big screen, I think.

My local cinema stopped doing Peanut M&M's. This is unacceptable. So I always take in a bag.

Do you go to watch professional sport live? What's your sport and who's your team? I watch Lincoln City as often as I can (which - given the travel time - isn't as often as I'd like), and will see Arsenal play a few times a season. I also try to get a day at an England cricket test match each summer.

14. brookdalebill

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Nope.
    Do you enjoy going out to dinner?

15. RoyBGood

I do if the food's good, but I've been having one disappointment after another lately - one supposedly upmarket eaterie listed their fries as 'triple cooked' They were barely single cooked! Many previously reliable establishments in my area have let their standards slip badly.

Have you ever injured yourself do to a slip on an icy / snowy pavement?

16. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    No, but I slipped over in a shower on my honeymoon in Bali and suffered some soft tissue damage, does that count?

How often do you play your guitar, either for practice or performing?

17. brookdalebill

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    All the time, I should be way better!
    Are you meticulous about "nailing" a guitar part, or are you more "interpretive" (do it your own way)?

18. BigDaddyLH

Not a question targeting Australians :p

19. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    Interpretive, with my arthritic hands even Twinkle little star sounds like Cryin in the rain.

Do you sing when you play ?

20. brookdalebill

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I sing and accompany myself, I don't scat or sing/hum when I play.
    I know a guy that does, it's disconcerting, IMO.
    Can you sing and play bass?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.