Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Interview the person below you!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by HoodieMcFoodie, Jul 18, 2016.

1. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    I saw this on another forum and thought it might be worth a try.

Post a general question, then the next poster answers it and posts another question and so on.
    The questions can be anything from trivial to serious to obscure, but must remain within the forum guidelines.

For example, you can ask whatever you want:

- What's your worst/best memory of high school and why?
    - What was your favorite pet you had as a child and why?
    - If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it and why?
    - What is the most rewarding experience you have had and what made it so?
    - Who or what inspires you and why?

So to the person below me:

Who or what inspires you and why?

tgfmike likes this.
  2. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    You inspire me Hoodie by posting this post.

What was your first car, and why did you buy it?

RoyBGood likes this.
  3. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    88 Chevy Silverado, I bought it cause it was all I could afford. But it did make it 400,000 miles.

What style of music do you play/love and why?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    Honky tonk and gypsy jazz because they're fun, intelligent, and people can relate to them.

What was it about your first musical hero that drew you in?

6. GuitarGeorge

GuitarGeorge Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I saw Louis Armstrong on the Ed Sullivan Show. He looked like he was having a heck of a good time. I set about learning the trumpet not too long after that and not too long after that I saw The Beatles on Ed Sullivan and started learning guitar.

How old were you when you first started playing?

7. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Friend of Leo's

16 - as a response to hearing 'Argus' and 'Best of Cream'.

What was the most surreal task you've ever been asked to do during your job?

8. memorex

memorex Tele-Afflicted

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    When I was a microwave communcations technician 40 years ago, I was asked to climb to the top of a 300 foot tower to fix a wave guide. Since it wasn't in in my contract to climb towers, of course I refused.

What was the first amp you ever bought?

9. deadicated

deadicated Tele-Holic

Aug 1, 2011
    Baltimore
    My first amp was a little Gorilla combo. Damn that amp sucked.

Does wood type affect the sound on a solid body guitar?

10. Kirchensfan

Kirchensfan Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free + Supporter

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    I believe it does, but cannot give technical evidence of it.

Do you feel a semi-hollow design is more versatile?

Interesting concept for a thread, Hoodie.

11. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Friend of Leo's

Have to word my answer carefully! Probably at low volumes, when used clean and / or with minimal fx, with a good amp and when recording. High volumes can sometimes tend to mask the sonic differences between this and a solid body. I'd still love a 335 / 339 though, so basically that must mean yes!

What is your favourite Gerry Anderson produced TV show and why?

12. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    You can get a different tone, but I don't necessarily think they are more versatile.

What's your favorite FX pedal and why?

Ninjad ahh.

13. basher

basher Tele-Afflicted

Jun 7, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Space 1999, hands down. I was at exactly the right age to appreciate the wonder and bleakness of the concept while not noticing the cheesiness. I'm also a big fan of the movie "Journey to the Far Side of the Sun," which GA wrote the screenplay for. I saw it on tv when I was about 7 and it blew my mind.

Right now it's the BSIAB 2 that I built last week from a GGG kit. Gaaaaah it's brilliant. I've never had a distortion pedal with this much compression. Pinch harmonics just scream, and notes sustain way past any useful length. Of course you can lower the gain and use it as an overdrive and it's very nice that way, but where's the fun in that?

Tell me about your favorite teacher.

14. JustStartingOut

JustStartingOut Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Mr. Homer in 5th grade. He was great fun, easy going yet very strict. We played kickball and checkers every day, he taught us how to play chess too. We'd listen to records (Beatles mostly) at the end of the day and he would occasionally bring his electric guitar in, that was soooo cool. I learned more that school year than any other.

Curly fries with or without melted cheese?

15. Kirchensfan

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    Mine was my high school chemistry teacher, Mrs. Ellison. Besides a great instructor, she saw her way to take my girlfriend and I under her wing. She would have us to her home, and a long with her engineer husband give us so much non-judgemental advice on so many topics, from relationships to college planning, just life in general. I would think of them often when I had decisions to make, and appreciate the tools they gave us to make them.

Took too long typing, darn it.

Curly for sure.

Do you play another instrument?

16. dlew919

dlew919 Friend of Leo's

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    I play mandolin and banjo. Both are different and I love playing them all equally.

what's the best concert you ever saw?

17. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    Waylon Jennings

Will Willie Nelso keep playing into his 90's?

18. Kirchensfan

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    Yes, but curtail his touring.

What was the hardest gig you played?

19. 4 Cat Slim

4 Cat Slim Friend of Leo's

Oct 17, 2012
    Nelson City TX
    I played a memorial service for a man who had taken his own life five days after he'd lost his wife to cancer.
    A lot of grief in the room, and strange sort of anger at the deceased for putting the family through the second funeral.

Who was the guitarist who inspired you to pick up guitar in the first place?

20. studio1087

studio1087 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Dennis "Denny" Bloom....a local country star in Wausau WI. Denny was a friend of my dad and my dad talked him into giving me lessons. Denny was a concrete worker by day and had fingers like sausages yet he could play mandolin with grace at high speeds. Inspiring older guy. He taught me guitar and theory. It was a blessing to have a role model like Denny when I was 14.

What are you music goals for 5 years and 10 years from now?

21. Tobias

Tobias TDPRI Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Amersfoort
    5 years... be able to relax, have fun, and interact with the crowd regularly. 10 years... front a band, sing as well, original material.

What is your ratio of actual playing time / wasted time forumming+shopping+youtubing?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.