Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Installed Fralin bridge in American Standard

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Adam Waldron, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Adam Waldron

Adam Waldron Tele-Holic

Hey Folks,

I got around to installing the Fralin Blues Special in the bridge of my '93 Am. Std. Tele, keeping the standard neck (which I have always liked).

Well, as soon as I pulled the old PUP I knew it was a bin job. Why on earth did Fender do away with the copper plate? Its rubbish!

Anyway, got it all back together.

It sounds just like what I had in my head. More output than I would have expected for a 5% overwind, and not middy/honky. The guitar finally sounds like a Tele should. It twangs, it screams. It pushes the amp a lot more than the old PUP. Exceeded all expectations. Perfect for what I do, and thats blues and country.

I am rapt!

Side note, in the middle position, its thin and weedy with a volume drop - out of phase. I believe I'll have to reverse the bridge PUP leads, will try that today. I dig the sound, but I want the middle position I can use more often.

Cheers!

Adam

2. Sacto Joe

Sacto Joe Tele-Meister

When you switch the bridge wires, you will also have to switch the little ground wire that connect to the base plate or else you will have a VERY noisy guit-fiddle.

3. Adam Waldron

Adam Waldron Tele-Holic

Hey Joe,

I just discovered this the hard way! Very, very noisy.

Wish I had seen your post first!

Cheers,

Adam

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. indiobravo

indiobravo Tele-Afflicted

that is a great all-around pup. i have more of those than any other.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.