Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Infamous Guitarists That Turned me onto Telecasters!

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Frank'n'censed, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Holic

Jan 4, 2017
    Wales

2. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

back in the radio/LP days I didn't know or care what gear artists used.... I never got to see any of those bands live...

It's only now when I start playing some obnoxious open E heavy handed tele bridge pickup twang with some drive..and hear that unmistakable sound...It takes me back to that early PF Syd Barrett sound that I so loved... just so in your face...

those EC tones on Blind Faith..it's on there too... the Reeling in the Years tones..they're on there too...

the tele is kind of everywhere when I check out those ytube clips of the old bands I listened to... it's comforting :)

Minimalist518 likes this.

3. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

Jeff beck and his tele gib. Status quo and their tele mutts. springsteen

4. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    Actually a mate whom I played in a band with. He had an Ash Thinline ( mostly Mighty Mite parts back in the late 70).Telecaster p/up in the rear and an original wide range pickup in the neck- played through a Musicman amp and he taught me how to build a guitar. I sold my Gibson L- 6S and have been building since- as well as buying a few very impressive brand name guitars since.
    We, the four of us, had ben recording for a guy, we left him and rehearsed and got our first gig that night. Well paid too. $75 per hour per person in 1980.

5. Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2006
    Singapore
    When I discovered that the solo for “Stairway to Heaven” was done on a Telecaster in the middle position. I was like “OK SOLD!”

JayFreddy likes this.

6. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sep 24, 2004
    Endicott, NY
    Stephen Stills - those lead lines throughout the first CSN album....
    Eric Clapton - always an influence, but the sounds and images with Blind Faith had a big impact
    Roy Buchanan - Live Stock was a revelation
    Steve Cropper - Booker T and The MGs.... 'nuff said
    Jimmy Page - that early Zep stuff was huge

7. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    Muddy and Keef. Later, Tab Benoit.

JayFreddy likes this.

8. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia

9. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO

10. daddyplaysbass

daddyplaysbass Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2003
    Chandler Arizona
    While in the Army I was stationed at Wright-Patt AFB in1985-87. I played in a country band, singer was Jeannie and the lead guitarist was Jerry. Both worked at the GM plant. First time I had head the "Twang" of a Tele. Don't remember last names or the name of the band; all good working-class Ohioans, not pretentious at all.

JayFreddy likes this.

11. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2014
    Watford, UK
    Chrissie Hynde:

Chrissie.jpg

Mid Life Crisis likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.