Indian Army discovers Yeti footprints

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by drf64, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Tele-Afflicted

"Spirtually", I like to think I'm on the same side as you. In practice.... well. Let's just say I cannot argue with anything you said. Other than maybe this:

The creepy thing is that it seems humanity is in a self harming zeal where any ideal of spiritual behavior is lost, and replaced with what ends up as anger.

I'm not too convinced this has ever not been the case. Spirituality and anger are sadly often two sides of the same coin. Humans are meaning-making animals.

telemnemonics likes this.
  2. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I don't think it's a human tendency to insist certain things are impossible. It's taught or acquired. Just like the tendency to swallow anything mythical is also taught. More importantly, the mindset that one should start at a point of acceptance of a claim based on word of mouth with no fact based evidence, and work to disprove it is completely backwards in my opinion.

I don't have a problem simply disagreeing when I hear claims based on zero evidence. If only those who blindly believe are allowed to speak then that tendency will prevail. We see it all the time...and when it comes to woo, it's logical that if you believe ANY of it, you have to believe ALL of it...

3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I agree that the tendencies are likely more nurture than nature, I do not agree that some are taught to "swallow anything mythical", or to "blindly believe".
    More likely if taught what to believe, there would be specific things as opposed to "everything unproven" or "everything mythical".

I suppose some are raised to believe in all the ghost stories, but they might not be the same ones who insist on considering unpopular possibilities when a military operation records tech that cannot explain.

Asking what the hell those 40 foot flying machines were that outmaneuvered our best fighter jets, is not the same as believing in fairies!

Whatever the answer is, I saw more dismissal of the question than curiosity.
    If they are Chinese or Russian military tech, we better be concerned, not brush it off!
    After 15 years we still don't know what was recorded?
    And those who question it are ridiculed for not brushing it off as a bunch of dumb military personnel who don't know about mil tech and flight tech?

So maybe "human tendency" was the wrong phrase, but it does seem to be an internet tendency.

My guess though is that very few who believe freaky stuff do so blindly.
    I do not believe much or even any freaky stuff, but I do believe a bunch of military personnel and tech saw and recorded stuff they could not and still can not identify.

That makes me more curious, rather than inclined to brush off those who don't brush it off, suggesting it's kids with drones; or to say "don't worry it's just China or Russia showing us their latest toy".

To me we sometimes see myth busters being just as blind as the worst of the woo lovers.

william tele likes this.
  4. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

I'm in the history business. My job is to teach people how to construct argument based on evidence that's stable and can be verified, scrutinized and analyzed by other people. That is, arguments based on something other than "i think this is true so it's true" or "i saw this youtube video" or "my cousin knows a guy whose says his uncle saw...". I could give many examples of why this might matter, but it would probably very quickly get "political."

So believing in bigfoot is harmless, maybe, but if it's a habit of mind or way of thinking that accepts any belief without evidence then the problem is pretty clear.

I'm extremely confident Bigfoot is a myth, for all the reasons people have given here, but if evidence turns up I will be delighted and surprised and cheerfully admit to having been wrong.

5. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

If after 15 years your military hasn't arrived at an explanation then that may mean that there is no explanation. Or that there is a multi-layered cover up, which puts us in conspiracy theory land and more woo.

Foreign tech not surfacing after a decade and a half is even less believable, so it's probably not China or Russia showing off an ultra stealth aircraft with a cloaking device and an ability to project phantom radar contacts. :)

6. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

6stringcowboy and Chunkocaster like this.
  7. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Tele-Afflicted

8. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

I do think that archaic humans were one of the sources of various "wild man" mythologies, especially since humans clearly interbred with them. It is also likely that some of the remains that are found in Asia and are said to be yeti bones may well be those of Denisovans or cross-breeds. I don't think that there are genetically pure Denisovans around anymore but there could be remote human populations that retain a higher than average mix.

Another interesting theory is that there are Central Asian populations of modern humans with a few racially distinctive traits that are descended from early migrants from sub-Saharan Africa. DNA studies of the captured Almas descendants may bear this out (sorry about the hype-laden Mail article). There is a still a lot of controversy over exactly where the African DNA came from in the region but it is there.

9. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

telemnemonics and drf64 like this.
  10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Teach the controversy!

11. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Afflicted

Somebody is gonna have to grease one, preferably (ahem) whilst under attack. Then, sever and bring in the head, one hand, and one foot.........THAT should settle the argument. You will most probably be held for a myriad of crimes. I believe in two states there are laws against this kind of thing even though no one knows if they exist. Strange cryptids indeed.

If they do exist, you ain't gonna get one to follow you to the zoo with some candy.

12. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

I agree that many long-lasting myths about various creatures may go way, way back in time to when there were actually creatures that triggered the myth.

Unicorn--> narwhal
    Yeti--> Neanderthal or Denisovan? Or just a grizzly seen from a distance while wasted on fermented beverage?
    Leprechaun--> dwarf or midget or pygmy or "Hobbit" humanoid species? (Homo floresiensis)
    Dragons--> large monitor lizards?

I also want to reprise my earlier comment that the human brain is unreliable and therefore we can believe we really saw things that we didn't see. Especially
    if we are tired, or maybe ate a little bit of a weird fungus, or are feverish, etc. For example, you ever notice those little spots that dance around in your vision?
    For example, if you lie down in the grass on a sunny day and close your eyes? I could imagine a scenario that what looks like a fast moving orb hurtling across the sky
    at high speed and suddenly changing direction could possibly be just an eye mote dancing around.

13. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

There’s something I don’t like to talk about much, but it’s a real problem.

I’m talking about Bigfoot Sadness.

william tele likes this.
  14. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

I don’t believe in Bigfoot because he doesn’t believe in me.

1955 likes this.
  15. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Watch out where
    The Yeti go
    Don't you eat
    That yellow snow

16. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

drf64, 24 track and Whatizitman like this.
  17. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

It's out now. the Yeti is merely seeking attention.

NeuerYeti.jpg

Himalayas (dpo) - Once again, the Yeti is causing a stir: in an interview with the Postillon, the legendary Abominable Snowman claimed he had not only caught sight of a UFO, but had also managed to take a photo of it with his iPhone. He then went on to produce a blurred photograph showing some kind of flying saucer.
    However, there seems to be a completely inconsequential explanation for this otherwise sensational sight: having evaluated the footage, experts are now convinced that the unidentified flying object is likely to be a meteorological balloon or a Chinese military plane.
    “The photograph is very blurred, but we can certainly deduce that it shows nothing of extra-terrestrial origin,” Prof. Mei Hoao confirmed to the Postillon, “after all, what kind of alien would have ‘People’s Republic of China’ written on the outside of their spaceship?”
    Parazoologists already agree that the Yeti is merely seeking attention. Just last year, he was adamant that he had spotted the Loch Ness monster in a mountain lake in Tibet.

18. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Tonight, for one night only: Harry Eddie and the Bigfeet

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.