Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Incorrect Information in Songs

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Paul in Colorado, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    Vine cherry tomatoes? Tenuous fruit...

2. Despres

Despres Tele-Holic

Aug 14, 2012
    Northeast again
    Well I've heard that Catfish don't actually jump (Oh black water keep on rolling).

Also, if it hasn't been mentioned, Robert Johnson was apparently geographically challenged, as he's going to sweet home Chicago, the land of California.

Fireball519 likes this.

3. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    I'm pretty sure if you left a cake out in the rain, the icing wouldn't be "flowing down." It'd just be wet and ruined.

[​IMG]

4. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Meister

Oct 13, 2011
    Somerset UK
    Flagstaff Arizona, don't forget Winona, Kingman, Barstow ......

would have you turning around and going back east for about 15 miles then turning around again before continuing west once more.

Deeve likes this.

5. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Not a song, but a movie...

In "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle," they give a series of directions from Newark to New Brunswick to Cherry Hill that would involve driving about an extra 400 miles, if you were to try to follow them, not to mention putting things in close proximity that in real life are no where near each other. Clearly, the person who wrote the movie had no idea about New Jersey geography and highways.

Some blogger did a nice job laying this out, but the title contains profanity, so possibly not safe for work...

LINK

6. gordon of eden

gordon of eden TDPRI Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Portland Oregon
    I thought it was Gladys Knight and the Pips
    Maybe that's why you couldn't find the Ojays on board.

7. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Love Train - O'Jays

Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight and the Pips

Peace Train - Cat Stevens

Train, Train - Aerosmith (yeah, not the first, but whatever)

Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne

Damn, so many trains! Who knew? ;) :p

8. scottser

scottser Tele-Holic

Mar 6, 2009
    dublin

9. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Switzerland
    The peach trees here might be legs and if you look up you might see "peaches". You might be interested in shaking them from time to time, then. Not that I'm vicious but, uhm, it seems quite obvious.

10. chiefline

chiefline Tele-Holic

Mar 18, 2014
    new jersey
    I keep spreading the word around that the boys are back in town but nobody can seem to find them anywhere..

brookdalebill likes this.

11. bluesky1963

bluesky1963 Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    Have you tried Dino's Bar & Grill?

chiefline likes this.

12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln-Zephyr_V12_engine

This was, as I recall, a very problematic motor and they threw in the towel in 1948. Sometimes when these motors blew, the owner of the vehicle would have a later Lincoln V-8 installed to solve the ongoing issues. These V8s are the motors that won the Panamerica and other endurance races.

I don't know anyone who hotrodded these Lincoln V-12s. You drove those nice 'n easy, and hoped for the best. This wiki article could use some work, because it spends no time talking about how the 75 degree motor retained too much heat and was really prone to overheating related failures as much as anything else.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.